Windows 10: password for daughter's new account did not save.

Discus and support password for daughter's new account did not save. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Failed to properly save password for daughters new account. Now I can't do a password reset, because there is no info to give in the password reset... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MatthewFerrell1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. password for daughter's new account did not save.

Failed to properly save password for daughters new account. Now I can't do a password reset, because there is no info to give in the password reset dialog to allow a reset. She has never signed into anything and has no account history.

:)

MatthewFerrell1, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2020
  3. BRCjr Win User
    How do I change my daughter's Microsoft account password?

To change your Microsoft account password

• Sign in to your Microsoft account,
      and then select Security & privacy.
    • Select Change password.
    • Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.
    • Select Save.

Help from Microsoft

Hoping you can sign in her account there. Not your account but hers.

BRCjr, Sep 16, 2020
  4. password for daughter's new account did not save.

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

password for daughter's new account did not save.

1. password for daughter's new account did not save. - Similar Threads - password daughter's account

2. Just created two new Windows 10 accounts for my daughter, password won't work for either on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just created two new Windows 10 accounts for my daughter, password won't work for either on...: Good evening folks,Tis' the season to be jolly! Yeah right... I am about to pull my freaking hair out!I tried twice to set up a windows 10 login outlook.com option for one of my children tonight and both times I got the error message that the password is incorrect. I know it...
  3. Just created two new Windows 10 accounts for my daughter, password won't work for either on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just created two new Windows 10 accounts for my daughter, password won't work for either on...: Good evening folks,Tis' the season to be jolly! Yeah right... I am about to pull my freaking hair out!I tried twice to set up a windows 10 login outlook.com option for one of my children tonight and both times I got the error message that the password is incorrect. I know it...
  4. Just created two new Windows 10 accounts for my daughter, password won't work for either on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. New Account with saved apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Account with saved apps?: I am planning on making a new Microsoft account and I want to keep all of my apps because I own a $120 game and I heard you cannot transfer anything so what can I do...
  6. New Account with saved apps?

New Account with saved apps?: I am planning on making a new Microsoft account and I want to keep all of my apps because I own a $120 game and I heard you cannot transfer anything so what can I do...
  7. Microsoft Account for my daughter

Microsoft Account for my daughter: I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which i beleive is linked to microsoft but it says its not a microsoft account. i don't want to sign in using my account in case...
  8. Cant access new family account of my daughter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant access new family account of my daughter: I just created an account for my daughter as a user on my pc and I can't login to the Outlook email for her I just created. It keeps saying the password is wrong and now account is locked and I can't recover anything because the recovery request keeps asking me for email...
  9. Daughters Password recovery

Daughters Password recovery: My daughter forgot her Windows 10 password and we don't have enough info for Microsoft recovery. At this point I don't care if I have to reset Windows and start over, but you probably need the password to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords: I have a perplexing issue. My Windows 10 laptop does not save accounts and passwords for sites that I want to do so with. Now, my Windows 10 Desktop PC functions as it is supposed to with no problem, but not my laptop. I have it enabled to do so, but it does not. It asks to...