Windows 10: password for daughter's new account did not save.

Discus and support password for daughter's new account did not save. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Failed to properly save password for daughters new account. Now I can't do a password reset, because there is no info to give in the password reset... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MatthewFerrell1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. password for daughter's new account did not save.

Failed to properly save password for daughters new account. Now I can't do a password reset, because there is no info to give in the password reset dialog to allow a reset. She has never signed into anything and has no account history.

:)

MatthewFerrell1, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2020
  3. BRCjr Win User
    How do I change my daughter's Microsoft account password?

To change your Microsoft account password

• Sign in to your Microsoft account,
      and then select Security & privacy.
    • Select Change password.
    • Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.
    • Select Save.

Help from Microsoft

Hoping you can sign in her account there. Not your account but hers.

BRCjr, Sep 16, 2020
  4. password for daughter's new account did not save.

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

password for daughter's new account did not save.

1. password for daughter's new account did not save. - Similar Threads - password daughter's account

2. Windows 10 services and account passwords being saved/not saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 services and account passwords being saved/not saved: I ma having trouble with my Adobe desktop apps account logging me out. When I shut down the computer and the restart, I need to log in again. Microsoft 365 Office Family does not log me out. One help screen I found said to look at the Credential Manager service. It is set...
  3. Saved Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  4. saved passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    saved passwords: how do edit the stored password that are on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/fb956883-500a-460d-8ced-c00f30c6d466
  5. Cant access new family account of my daughter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant access new family account of my daughter: I just created an account for my daughter as a user on my pc and I can't login to the Outlook email for her I just created. It keeps saying the password is wrong and now account is locked and I can't recover anything because the recovery request keeps asking me for email...
  6. my daughter forgot her password for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my daughter forgot her password for windows: I cannot do anything without the password. safe mode still need a password and it wont even let me into command prompt without it. she has the hp stream laptop and I think its windows 10. help!!...
  7. Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password: my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password while installing the same game on Win 8 standard account it asks for administrator account. 150076
  8. save passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    save passwords: How can I reset windows to save passwords on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-passwords/1f4f0351-91e6-4dad-96c6-1a75d386aedd
  9. Daughters Password recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daughters Password recovery: My daughter forgot her Windows 10 password and we don't have enough info for Microsoft recovery. At this point I don't care if I have to reset Windows and start over, but you probably need the password to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords: I have a perplexing issue. My Windows 10 laptop does not save accounts and passwords for sites that I want to do so with. Now, my Windows 10 Desktop PC functions as it is supposed to with no problem, but not my laptop. I have it enabled to do so, but it does not. It asks to...