Windows 10: Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password?

Discus and support Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am running my laptop using a local account for which I am the administrator. However I want to sign in using my microsoft account instead. However... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BK_0001, Jun 27, 2021.

1. BK_0001 Win User

Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password?

I am running my laptop using a local account for which I am the administrator. However I want to sign in using my microsoft account instead. However when I do this, it will not accept my password.Here is what I do,Select "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"I enter my user name *** Email address is removed for privacy *** enter my password, and then I get another window asking me for my current windows password, so I enter my password in again, and it says that the password for the device is incorrect. What is going on? Why is it not recognising my password which works for accessing my microsoft account for e

:)

BK_0001, Jun 27, 2021

2. Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Jun 27, 2021
  3. simrick Win User
    incorrect password

Hi David and welcome to Tenforums.

Are you logging in with a Microsoft Account on both systems?

simrick, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password?

Surface Pro 4 not accepting microsoft account password

Device is not accepting reset Microsoft Account password. Confirmed device is listed on account. On Surface : Date & time are correct. Internet is connected.

Can access Microsoft account from another device (website) but Surface displays message "This password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account."

What else needs to be done for Surface to recognize the new password / clear out old passwords?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in / PC.

ScottBishop1, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password?

1. Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password? - Similar Threads - Password deivce incorrect

2. Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...: Hiii,So I just got a new laptop from Sight and Sound Technology, as part of my DSA assessment to support my Student Finance England application I'm a Mental Health Nursing student. I have a HP Envy X-360.I'm trying to sign in to my microsoft account via settings, but when I...
  3. Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...: Hiii,So I just got a new laptop from Sight and Sound Technology, as part of my DSA assessment to support my Student Finance England application I'm a Mental Health Nursing student. I have a HP Envy X-360.I'm trying to sign in to my microsoft account via settings, but when I...
  4. Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  6. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  7. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  9. Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account: I use a Microsoft account for my WIndows 10. I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging in to by Microsoft account online. However, when I wish to change my password locally, Windows still tell me that my password is incorrect. Seems like my local password is...
  10. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...