Windows 10: Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account?

Discus and support Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.844 Hello! Here's the context: Whenever I setup Windows 10 for the first time, I use my hotmail/Microsoft account to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Xylem Flow, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.844

Hello!

Here's the context: Whenever I setup Windows 10 for the first time, I use my hotmail/Microsoft account to set everything up and to logon to Windows. Windows then creates a local profile/account that is tied to my hotmail account.

Example: if my hotmail account is [email protected], then Windows creates a local profile named bubba and uses that name as my users folder (c:\users\bubba\).

Sometimes I need to start a service or create a task in task scheduler, and Windows asks for the password for "bubba". I have no idea what that is. It's not the hotmail password or the PIN - I've tried that - and the bubba account isn't listed in the user applet in Settings so I can't access it.

I'm thinking there's either something very obvious I'm missing or I'm doing something wrong.

How can I get the password to the local account? Anyone know?

Thanks.

:)

Xylem Flow, Mar 3, 2021
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

1. run netplwiz
    2. select the user in the box you want to autologin to
    3. uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
    4. click Apply
    5. a box will pop up asking the user account and password you want to autologin to. Fill it out. If there is no password, leave the password field blank.
    6. click OK
    7. click OK

restart to test

Win10 copies the Live/Outlook/Hotmail account locally.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Polarman Win User

Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account?

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account?

1. Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account? - Similar Threads - Password local account

2. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  3. Hotmail account

Hotmail account: I am getting termination notice addressed to user@hotmail. Due to no upgrade? Scam or not. By tapping a blue bar. No microsoft logo. Please inform as it says final notice to termination...
  4. new office purchase tied to old hotmail account, want new windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new office purchase tied to old hotmail account, want new windows account: i installed office 365 home and it added the subscription to my old hotmail account. When I start it tries to log in on my current microsoft account, fails, and gives me the try another account page. How do I move the subscription to my current account....
  5. hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail account: I cannot get into my Hotmail email account on the laptop or pc. I have no problem on my tablet. address and password is correct. Why is this? confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-account/52687057-d6ef-4447-8b31-cb573136143f"
  6. No Logon in with local account link

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Logon in with local account link: I am setting up a new Windows 10 Profession computer. Under Settings -> Accounts -> Your info there is no link to login in with local login. I have several local accounts created with administrator rights. I need to login into a local account. Can you please help me?...
  7. Unable to recover hotmail account password

Unable to recover hotmail account password: Hi Tried to recover Password of my hotmail account. Couldn't able to reset the PW. Is there any other way to reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-recover-hotmail-account-password/405b8434-0ee1-4dc7-9895-c0a313e028a1
  8. Hotmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail account: My email address ends in @Hotmail.com.I receive emails with no problems,when I compose a new email or forward on emails,more times than not I get the error message "Can`t connect to Outlook please try later"with a CLOSE button. When I click CLOSE the message is "You are...
  9. Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10): My Windows 10 account is somehow tied to a hotmail account I don't remember creating. Is there any way I can turn it into a local account? I don't really want it to be connected 14463
  10. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...