Windows 10: Password for Shared Drivw

Discus and support Password for Shared Drivw in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 recently did update. Since then I have been asked for a password to access a shared folder on our other computer. I don't know what password it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 40hole5, May 24, 2018.

1. 40hole5 Win User

Password for Shared Drivw

Win 10 recently did update. Since then I have been asked for a password to access a shared folder on our other computer. I don't know what password it wants. I have been using this shared folder for months, maybe years without a password. Where can I find it, change it, disable it?

:)

40hole5, May 24, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 share always asks for password

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to know;

• Do you have any other user account or is the issue specific to your user account?
    • Are you able to share after password ?
    Since you have already tried the logical troubleshooting, I would suggest you to make change in the group policy and check the issue. Refer the link below:

Note: The link is for Windows 7 however the same steps has been tested on Windows 10.

Refer Shaon Shan's suggestion:

Network Sharing Failure: Password Protection off still require password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, May 25, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Window Key, and type Network and sharing
    • Click on Change Advanced sharing settings
    • Select all network
    • Under Home Group connections
    • Select Use user Account and Password to connect to other computer
    • If don’t want the password follow the steps below
    • Select all network
    • Under password protected Sharing
    • Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Password for Shared Drivw

1. Password for Shared Drivw - Similar Threads - Password Shared Drivw

2. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...
  3. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...
  4. onedrive sharing download password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive sharing download password: Im trying to share files on my onedrive account. When the person im sharing with tries to download files they are asked for a password. Why? What password?...
  5. Shared folder password

Shared folder password: How to lock a shared folder with a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folder-password/ab2aff5e-3696-47d4-9d67-37b948a251a6"
  6. Password protected sharing over Network sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected sharing over Network sharing: How can we turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing,thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-sharing-over-network-sharing/635517ef-5d29-4e18-80f5-43c8896e6ac9"
  7. Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...: Hi support team I want to turn off the password protected sharing on my PC. So, the other users available on the same network can access my shared folder without entering any user credentials. To do that I entered into the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and...
  8. password protected sharing

password protected sharing: I can't turn it off. I know how it's supposed to work. I turn it off, click "save changes" but it doesn't turn off. I can't use the local users and groups snap in with my version of windows 10. I have tried the registry edit method mentioned elsewhere. That did not work....
  9. Password for Shared Drive

Password for Shared Drive: Win 10 recently did update. Since then I have been asked for a password to access a shared folder on our other computer. I don't know what password it wants. I have been using this shared folder for months, maybe years without a password. Where can I find it, change it,...
  10. Network share ignores password protected sharing

Network share ignores password protected sharing: I am trying to make a shared folder on my network that is only accessible to me and cannot be viewed by other users.When I create the share, no matter how I set permissions, the folder becomes accessible to everyone on the network. This is the case whether I use a homegroup...