Windows 10: Password got removed and i cant add one

Discus and support Password got removed and i cant add one in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Al Albon, May 16, 2023.

1. Al Albon Win User

Password got removed and i cant add one

My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?

:)

Al Albon, May 16, 2023
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, May 16, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 16, 2023
  4. Password got removed and i cant add one

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Password got removed and i cant add one

1. Password got removed and i cant add one - Similar Threads - Password got removed

2. Password got removed and i cant add one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password got removed and i cant add one: My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?...
  3. Password got removed and i cant add one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password got removed and i cant add one: My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?...
  4. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add/remove power plans: Hello everybody,I have already tried everything to get my power plans on Windows 10, but I only have access to the balanced one which is kinda annoying.I tried: 1. Updating and deleting drivers2. Updating Windows3. Using CMD and Shell to restore powerschemes4. Using CMD to...
  5. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant add/remove power plans: Hello everybody,I have already tried everything to get my power plans on Windows 10, but I only have access to the balanced one which is kinda annoying.I tried: 1. Updating and deleting drivers2. Updating Windows3. Using CMD and Shell to restore powerschemes4. Using CMD to...
  6. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Require admin password to add/remove a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Require admin password to add/remove a folder: It requires me to enter an admin password to add/remove a folder to my desktophttps://www.loom.com/share/882adafcaaac4b25a7ddd3f9bc987d62 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-admin-password-to-addremove-a-folder/9a04cb48-dae0-4dd3-9aef-b4f03bebdfe4
  8. Cant remove password from laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove password from laptop: i have an acer aspire 3 for a couple of weeks now and i made the mistake of making a password now i cant remove it. ive tried using netplwiz but i cant remove my password there aswell, theres only one account on this laptop if thats any use. Thanks for reading any help is...
  9. Language Keyboard, cant add, cant remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Keyboard, cant add, cant remove: Hi gurus not sure where went wrong. but language bar is missing. and keyboard layout is not able to add or remove. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-keyboard-cant-add-cant-remove/f21a4df6-862c-4fb9-bbe3-8de2329d553b
  10. Cant remove my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove my password: After getting a new nvme drive i logged into my microsoft account upon the pc booting it required a pin to use as a password when booting. The problem is that when i remove it the pc asks for a password log in and when i remove the password it asks for a pin, and so on, how...