Windows 10: Password Hint not showing windows 10, local account

Discus and support Password Hint not showing windows 10, local account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, got a massive problem, i have scanned through the forums and cannot find anything. I set my sisters laptop up with my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lukegrevett, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Password Hint not showing windows 10, local account

Hi all,

got a massive problem, i have scanned through the forums and cannot find anything.

I set my sisters laptop up with my Microsoft account because I had to as she didn't have one? but i didn't want it to be kept on there so i switched it over to a local account and removed my Microsoft account.

When i first set it up it asked for a Pin which i put in and then when i moved over to the local account, it asked me to create a password and a hint.

now my sister has forgot the password and the pin and it doesn't bring up the password hint on the login page?

Would greatly appreciate anyone coming back to me asap so i can find this password hint?

:)

lukegrevett, Feb 25, 2021

2. How do password hints work for local accounts?

Hi RANDOMNESS31

It's my pleasure to help you today.

If you're using a Local account and if you have set a password hint, then it will show you the password hint, when you mistype the password.

I would suggest to try changing your password.

Please try to run through this link, try following A User's steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for....

Juliet

Independent Advisor

Juliet Erum, Feb 25, 2021
  3. How do password hints work for local accounts?

I had to reset my PC and I had to set up a local account that had administrator privileges however, the other account that I am currently signed into does not have administrator privileges. When signing into the local account I attempted to sign in via
    the password hint however, even after following the password hint the login information was still wrong. I can verify that I had the correct password hint with the show password button. What can I do in this situation and is there something that I do not know
    about password hints that could be the problem?

RANDOMNESS31, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Password Hint not showing windows 10, local account

Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

To change your password hint, you can follow the steps below:

• Click
      Start.

• Type Control Panel on the
      Search bar and click it from the result.

• Click
      Change account type underUser
      Accounts.

• Select the user you would like to change password hint.

• Change the password hint for that user.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Password Hint not showing windows 10, local account

1. Password Hint not showing windows 10, local account - Similar Threads - Password Hint showing

2. Password Hint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Hint: I cant create a password hint. I have looked into every microsoft / windows questionaire but everytime it doesnt let me. Why is that? I have tried everyday for the past week to find a solution, but nothing seems to work. It never shows me the option to make a password hint,...
  3. Password Hint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Hint: I cant create a password hint. I have looked into every microsoft / windows questionaire but everytime it doesnt let me. Why is that? I have tried everyday for the past week to find a solution, but nothing seems to work. It never shows me the option to make a password hint,...
  4. Password Hint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password hint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password hint: Hello! Would love to impose a password hint so that if a forgotten password can be remembered more easily, search google but the option shown on the internet I don't have. Maybe I have an incomplete version or something isn't set to full, because everywhere I should offer to...
  6. Password hint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password hint: Hello! Would love to impose a password hint so that if a forgotten password can be remembered more easily, search google but the option shown on the internet I don't have. Maybe I have an incomplete version or something isn't set to full, because everywhere I should offer to...
  7. Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account: How do I set a password hint for an administrator microsoft account on windows 10? I've tried everything but windows seems to have removed password hints and i want to set one for my computer....
  8. How do password hints work for local accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do password hints work for local accounts?: I had to reset my PC and I had to set up a local account that had administrator privileges however, the other account that I am currently signed into does not have administrator privileges. When signing into the local account I attempted to sign in via the password hint...
  9. Password hint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password hint: hello I ushes windows 10 pro 1809 64 bit I want to give passward in my pc,but I don't know my passward hints. so now I want to get my passward hint. what is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-hint/d10176d8-5238-42a0-9a3e-d17ae82e88de
  10. Windows 10 Password Hint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Password Hint: How do I reset windows 10 using the password hint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-password-hint/74ceec42-e0ba-4902-9577-a5ceabdbad6f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 password hint not showing