Windows 10: Password hint

Discus and support Password hint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! Would love to impose a password hint so that if a forgotten password can be remembered more easily, search google but the option shown on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EduardsSkutelis, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Password hint

Hello! Would love to impose a password hint so that if a forgotten password can be remembered more easily, search google but the option shown on the internet I don't have. Maybe I have an incomplete version or something isn't set to full, because everywhere I should offer to install a password hint there is no such option. Please contact me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

EduardsSkutelis, Mar 17, 2022

2. Password Hints

Hi Pav,

You can create a password hint by creating or changing your password from the
    Control Panel
    's User Account option or from the
    Settings

These steps are from the Control Panel:

• Type Control Panel from the Cortana search field, then click
      Control Panel from the results.
    • Select Change account type under User Accounts.
    • Choose the user you want to set the password with.
    • Create or change the password, then type the password hint just below the password fields.
    • Click the Create password button if you're creating the password for the first time, or the
      Change password button if you're only changing your password.

If you already have tried these steps, can you share with us what gone wrong? If you're receiving an error message when trying to create a password hint, let us know the exact error message as well.

Here's creating a password hint steps from the Settings:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Accounts, then Sign-in options from the left pane.
    • Click the Add button if you still don't have a password, or the
      Change button under the Change your account password pane.
    • Input your password or new password in the fields, then the password hint below.
    • Click Next, then Finish.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Michelle Her, Mar 17, 2022
  3. Roan T Win User
    Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

To change your password hint, you can follow the steps below:

• Click
      Start.

• Type Control Panel on the
      Search bar and click it from the result.

• Click
      Change account type underUser
      Accounts.

• Select the user you would like to change password hint.

• Change the password hint for that user.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Mar 17, 2022
  4. Password hint

How to set password hint on sign up?

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to place a password hint for Windows 10 sign in. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are able to sign in to the account presently. Which account are you using to sign in to the computer? Is it a local account or Microsoft account?

If you are able to sign in to the account, I suggest you to refer to the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    (If the account is local account with Administrator privileges)

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click Change account type underUser Accounts.
    • Click on the user account you would like to create a password hint.
    • Create or change password hint for the user.
    If your current user has already been password protected, you will see a
    Change the password link on the left-side pane. Click the link. On the next pane type your current password, a new password, and a password hint, and then click
    Change password button.

If you are using Microsoft account and if you forget the password:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Password hint

1. Password hint - Similar Threads - Password hint

2. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  3. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  4. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  5. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  6. Can I change a password hint without changing the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change a password hint without changing the password?: I am Win 11 Pro 64 bit fully updated except for Previews.I have Full Admin rights and had set up another User Acct a daughter who lives elsewhere on my laptop.This is purely for a form of backup purpose in case her laptop is indisposed. A few weeks ago, I changed her login...
  7. Can I change a password hint without changing the password?

Can I change a password hint without changing the password?: I am Win 11 Pro 64 bit fully updated except for Previews.I have Full Admin rights and had set up another User Acct a daughter who lives elsewhere on my laptop.This is purely for a form of backup purpose in case her laptop is indisposed. A few weeks ago, I changed her login...
  8. Please Assist with password hint EdT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Assist with password hint EdT: My laptop I forgot password it gives me a hint EdT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-assist-with-password-hint-edt/ca19289e-f35f-4165-a8a4-c50faaea953e
  9. Please Assist with password hint EdT

Please Assist with password hint EdT: My laptop I forgot password it gives me a hint EdT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-assist-with-password-hint-edt/ca19289e-f35f-4165-a8a4-c50faaea953e
  10. Please Assist with password hint EdT

in Windows 10 Customization