Windows 10: Password....How To Disable ?

Discus and support Password....How To Disable ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; O.k.......Just got the Mrs. a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 installed........whilst setting it up, I mistakenly set it to require a password on start... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Del 80, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Del 80 Win User

Password....How To Disable ?

O.k.......Just got the Mrs. a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 installed........whilst setting it up, I mistakenly set it to require a password on start up......tried everything to get rid of this password from the start screen, but nothing seems to work.......anyone got any ideas ?..............Del.

:)

Del 80, Mar 28, 2016
  2. Login25# Win User

How to disable Password protection to avoid login with password everytime I use system

Original title: After 12/13/15 auto-update, must use password to login

I do NOT want to be mandated to use my password every time I login to my home/personal computer. The current online fixes to not work after the update. Please help. Thanks.

Login25#, Mar 28, 2016
  3. How to disable Password protection to avoid login with password everytime I use system

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable password protection on your system. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I would like to inform you that if you are using Microsoft account then you cannot disable the password protection. Every time you boot to your system you have to enter your password to login to the system. This is by design.
    However, you can disable password protection for waking up from sleep, that is you don't have to use password to login again after your system wakes up from sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel.

2. Now select Power options.

3. Select the option Require a password on Wake-up.

4. Now click on the option change settings that are currently unavailable.

5. Next choose the option Don't require a password.

6. Now click on save changes.

Now check if your issue is resolved.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Mar 28, 2016
  5. Del 80 Win User
    That's excellent thank you..........your first suggestion, then Brink's option 2 worked a treat......thanks again......Del.

Del 80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password....How To Disable ? - Similar Threads - Password Disable

2. Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...: My laptop has stopped working and I am trying to use some of the Troubleshoot > Advanced Options menu options to fix the problem.However, my laptop keeps rejecting my MS 365 account password, so I cannot access any of the options on the Advanced Options menu Uninstall...
  3. Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...: My laptop has stopped working and I am trying to use some of the Troubleshoot > Advanced Options menu options to fix the problem.However, my laptop keeps rejecting my MS 365 account password, so I cannot access any of the options on the Advanced Options menu Uninstall...
  4. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  5. Disable Screen timeout password

Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  6. Disable password use at sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  7. Disable password use at sign in

Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  8. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?: I have a Windows 10 home Blad 15 Base Model Early 2021 RZ09-0369 laptop & I want to access my BIOS menu, but when I spam F1 on boot it brings up a screen asking for a password. I tried my computer pin & password, as well as my account password, but nothing worked. I didn't...
  9. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?: I have a Windows 10 home Blad 15 Base Model Early 2021 RZ09-0369 laptop & I want to access my BIOS menu, but when I spam F1 on boot it brings up a screen asking for a password. I tried my computer pin & password, as well as my account password, but nothing worked. I didn't...
  10. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?