Windows 10: "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

Discus and support "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had entered Safe Mode in hopes of fixing an issue I was having with my Bluetooth, however, I am unable to sign in with my password on the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VictoriaAvo, Mar 18, 2021.

1. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

I had entered Safe Mode in hopes of fixing an issue I was having with my Bluetooth, however, I am unable to sign in with my password on the login screen. I did not set up the option to use my Microsoft account as a way to sign in and only use my PIN. I have not created a password reset disk so I am also stuck in that situation.

What I have tried:

- onscreen keyboard

- password/PIN

- command prompt will not accept my password or PIN to proceed further **

- startup repair, including:

- enable safe mode

- enable safe mode with networking

- enable safe mode with command prompt

I'm worried that I am going to lose everything on my computer.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

VictoriaAvo, Mar 18, 2021
  2. curt jugg Win User

Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Safe Mode _ Incorrect Pin

im in safe mode and windows wont accept my pin, it says incorrect password although its the correct one.

in normal mode it works normally

DerarTarshihi, Mar 18, 2021
  4. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

Windows 10 on safe mode is looked (password incorrect)

My laptop entered in the safe mode, but I don´t remember my Microsoft Password. I already used other computer to change the password the message "Password incorrect" still appearing.

Going to Troubleshoot mode (with Restart/Shift) doesn't help because when I'm trying to get to a command prompt Win is keeping asking me for a PIN which is not accessible because network driver doesn't see the network. Suggestions?

Observation: My Laptop is showing that there is no acess to the internet

Eduardo_2017, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

"Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

1. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Password Incorrect using

2. safe mode Password incorrect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode Password incorrect?: this morning I opened my laptop it was working just fine the night before and while it was still booting I accidentally clicked f8 not sure if it has to do with anything so when I tried to log in it keeps telling me my password is incorrect, I’ve tried to restart it and turn...
  3. Safe mode - incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode - incorrect password: After booting in safe mode on windows 10, I am unable to login because it is saying 'incorrect password' even if I enter my current correct password. I came to know that I should use my first Microsoft account password.. Which I forgot long ago. Is there any way to get that...
  4. Safe mode incorrect password error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode incorrect password error: I wanted to reboot my computer to run my bit defender antivirus scan in safe mode so I changed msconfihe system configuration to safe mode with network. After rebooting I had password incorrect error so I could not access or exit safe mode. In this case I had to use another...
  5. Incorrect password in Safe Mode

Incorrect password in Safe Mode: I'm using Windows 10 1909. This is a fresh installation/system restore. I log into windows using my Microsoft account, and use Windows Hello and have configured a PIN. I needed to boot into Safe Mode, and at the login screen it displayed my name. I entered my Microsoft...
  6. Safe mode password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode password incorrect: I have been having the worst experience ever because of no internet connection detected in aafe mode even with internet option enabled , i can't use my pc because windows won't accept my god damn password . At this point i wanna know whats the god damn problem with providing...
  7. Incorrect password in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect password in safe mode.: After updating my graphics driver my pc froze. I then force restarted it, the company logo appeared and then the blank screen. I restarted it couple of times again and i found safe mode. But whenever I type my password it shows incorrect. I'm not able to uninstall the driver...
  8. Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect

Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect: I can not boot in to safe mode on my PC. I have tried every password I could have used and reset the password on the microsoft account. On the Safe Mode log in screen it says I am not connected to the internet. The computer is connected by a LAN cable. How can I get...
  9. Safe mode says incorrect password

Safe mode says incorrect password: I boosted minimal safe mode with msconfig, but now it doesnt accept my password. I tried every password, but none works. I even tried resetting my password on web and also safe mode with networking, but still didnt work. But, one password makes the computer say like "Welcome"...
  10. Incorrect password for win10 safe mode

Incorrect password for win10 safe mode: Guys, I would like to reboot to the safe mode with minimum guide. And when the password is requied on the login page of safe mode, it just keeps saying every password i try is incorrrct. I've tried microsoft account password, old ms account password and even the PIN, nothing...