Windows 10: password instead of PIN when starting the device

Discus and support password instead of PIN when starting the device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karin Kellermann, Nov 26, 2023.

1. password instead of PIN when starting the device

I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?

:)

Karin Kellermann, Nov 26, 2023
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 26, 2023
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Nov 26, 2023
  4. password instead of PIN when starting the device

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2023
Thema:

password instead of PIN when starting the device

1. password instead of PIN when starting the device - Similar Threads - password instead PIN

2. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password instead of PIN when starting the device: I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?...
  3. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password instead of PIN when starting the device: I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?...
  4. Asking for password instead of pin.

Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  5. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  6. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  7. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  8. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  9. Use Password Instead of PIN

10. Use PIN instead of Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use PIN instead of Password: I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give a PIN which is not accepted. * Moved from MSN [Original Title: PIN INSTEAD PW]...