Windows 10: password is incorrect at sign on

Discus and support password is incorrect at sign on in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShankarBanerjee, Apr 21, 2020.

1. password is incorrect at sign on

Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the user and password are both local, I could not fix it. I am now dealing with this for almost a week.

Anybody who faced the exact issue please tell me what can we do to fix or work around this issue ? I will be really thankful for your help.

--Shankar Banerjee

:)

ShankarBanerjee, Apr 21, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 21, 2020
  3. "incorrect password" at startup

Hi,

As you are facing issues with unlocking the laptop with password while rebooting the system for first time, we will help you.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the laptop for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Billb2008 Win User

password is incorrect at sign on

Password incorrect

I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect?

What is the work around for this?

Billb2008, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

password is incorrect at sign on

1. password is incorrect at sign on - Similar Threads - password incorrect sign

2. incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  3. incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  4. password incorrect

password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  5. password incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  6. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  7. Signed in with an incorrect email or password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with an incorrect email or password: I'm trying to activate "account protection" in Windows Security. I am getting the message "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password." and I'm also getting the message to confirm that I'm not a robot and enter several characters, but it...
  8. Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password: Hello the experts on Microsoft community, Today, I faced a strange situation on my windows 10 desktop PC. My PC has an electricity shutdown. When it was started, it informed that my MS account password was incorrect. Before I could complete the authentication, the...
  9. incorrect password on windows sign in

incorrect password on windows sign in: I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap locks, number locks and have tried to use the screen keyboard. When I click the icon to show password it is correct. I have...
  10. Incorrect password

Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...