Windows 10: Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is

Discus and support Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HP notebook computer with Windows 10 64 bit. This is a local account, I do not have a Microsoft acct on this computer. I logged in to the computer then... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by txstoby, Jul 22, 2018.

1. txstoby Win User

Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is

HP notebook computer with Windows 10 64 bit. This is a local account, I do not have a Microsoft acct on this computer. I logged in to the computer then put it aside for a few minutes, when I picked it up, I the screensaver was on and I used the same password to log in. I got the error message. The caps lock or num lock is not on, I have used the on-screen keyboard and typed in the correct password but nothing works.
    I can only access the login screen and now I am prompted to make an internet connection. Why is that necessary since I am not using a Microsoft acct.

:)

txstoby, Jul 22, 2018
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Jul 22, 2018
  3. moosesdb Win User
    Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Love,
    In case I was not clear I only need the password to change the Boot sequence. I forgot what it is.

moosesdb, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is

Windows login/pw problem

Windows 10 "incorrect password" message, retried, same thing, reset pw as suggested, still fails. 2 months now, beyond frustrated.

AnnetteWarden, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is

1. Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is - Similar Threads - Password incorrect error

2. Password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  3. Password incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  4. Incorrect password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...
  5. password incorrect

password incorrect: please call 314-239-2318. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-incorrect/b6525082-274d-4238-9cb4-41133505269e"
  6. Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password: Hi, For privacy reason, when I travel with my PC, I set a PIN password using a LOCAL ACCOUNT password and remove it when I am home for convenience purposes. Since I have come back from my last trip, I can start my PC using my local account PIN password but I can't no more...
  7. "Password incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Password incorrect": Minecraft (Windows 10 edition) wants me to enter my password but it keeps saying that it's incorrect no matter what I do and it's making me want to kill it. The following link has screenshots of what I did exactly: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BSA3urVbLcGT2Pxn7...
  8. How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password?

How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password?: So, I just got my laptop back from ASUS after a couple of weeks, and believe it or not, I can't remember the Local Admin Password. No trouble with my Stnd Admin Pswd. I've tried every pswd permutation I can think of, and NOTHING works. HEP ME! 48575
  9. The password is incorrect

The password is incorrect: Ok so i jsut dod the netplwiz thing on my mum's computer and now i can't log in at all - gives the error as OP or this one: "the password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your microsoft account " with a link to reset. Will resetting oassword through that...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...