Windows 10: Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder

Discus and support Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, as of this week after the latest updates from Windows 10 I no longer can access a NAS mapped folder from both Windows 10 updated machines. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderKoymans, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder

So, as of this week after the latest updates from Windows 10 I no longer can access a NAS mapped folder from both Windows 10 updated machines.

When accessing the mapped folder it states: "password is not correct".

Tried to logon with IP-address, i.e. \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\user or \\NASname\user or \NASname\user or user@NASname: did not work

I already resetted the NAS account: did not work

Redo the mapping: did not work

Set SMBv1 in Features: did not work

Automatically run several services as suggested on the internet: did not work

Set firewall and antivirus software to OFF: did not work

Created a new public share on the NAS with a new account: did not work

Updated the NAS to its latest version: did not work, Note: NAS is Synology DS1815+ with DSM 6.2.1

Used several complex Netsh commands as suggested on the internet: did not work

Set all shared features on ON in Network Services (were already on): did not work

Edited registry-keys as suggested on the internet: did not work

Restored a backup of Windows 10: did not work

So I don't know anymore what to do.

Note that the NAS can be accessed easily via HTTP and via FTP.

Also the media services from the NAS (video, photo and music) are accessed correctly.

So the only problem is with the folder mapping in Windows Explorer.

:)

AlexanderKoymans, Dec 28, 2018

2. Folder contents not copying on the first try in Win10 to a NAS

I tried using the cmd console as you suggested. I did an xcopy with the /S parameter and successfully copied a folder hierarchy to a mapped drive. So I started thinking, maybe it needed to be a mapped drive. I had only used a open folder on the NAS and never
    mapped a drive letter to it. However there was no luck with that. I dragged a folder to the newly mapped N: drive, and it still only created an empty folder on mapped NAS drive.

ChrisDziewior, Dec 28, 2018
  3. jeffMNMN Win User
    The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Elizabeth Win User

Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

Windows 10 rightly considers your NAS as a "device" not a "folder" . You can map shares on an NAS because these are folders, but you cannot (and never have been able to) map devices to a drive letter. P&P and USB devices and those that are part of your system (such as a DVD drive) are mapped automatically.

Elizabeth, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder

1. Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder - Similar Threads - Password incorrect mapped

2. NAS - failed to map newtork drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAS - failed to map newtork drive: Running W10 Pro - 21H1I have a D-Link DSN-323 2 bay NAS storage deviceConnected by ethernet to my home hub, I use it for backups.It maps the 2 x 1 TB drives as volume Y & Z this was achieved using the 'easy connect utility'Went to add backups last week and both Y&Z did not...
  3. NAS - failed to map newtork drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NAS - failed to map newtork drive: Running W10 Pro - 21H1I have a D-Link DSN-323 2 bay NAS storage deviceConnected by ethernet to my home hub, I use it for backups.It maps the 2 x 1 TB drives as volume Y & Z this was achieved using the 'easy connect utility'Went to add backups last week and both Y&Z did not...
  4. NAS - failed to map newtork drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  6. Google Maps Location incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Maps Location incorrect: Hi all, I'm having an issue where Google maps is showing my Desktop PC is in a location where it isn't. It's showing where I used to live and not where I currently live. I looked on another machine and that gets located at the new address. This one doesn't. I'm thinking it's...
  7. Unable to map NAS on router

Unable to map NAS on router: Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy. Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily. I have followed...
  8. Unable to map NAS on router

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to map NAS on router: Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy. Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily. I have followed...
  9. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  10. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incorrect network password NAS