Windows 10: Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked

Discus and support Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've run into an odd issue, whenever I go to reset someone's password on the domain controller, and the "User must change password at next logon" box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QB_856, Dec 16, 2022.

1. QB_856 Win User

Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked

I've run into an odd issue, whenever I go to reset someone's password on the domain controller, and the "User must change password at next logon" box is checked, that password will not work. But when I uncheck the box the password does work. This is a very concerning issue because this makes it a lot harder for users to change passwords. I'm currently running Windows Server 2022.

:)

QB_856, Dec 16, 2022
  2. rypz79 Win User

The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

Hi,

I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10.
    After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader
    I get a logon screen with the message:

Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked [​IMG]

When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login.
    How can I disable this annoying message ?

Thanks
    Roey

rypz79, Dec 16, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    'incorrect user name and password'

The netplwiz option is the same as I posted in post #2 below. If you check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, do you still get this "incorrect user name and password" message?

'incorrect user name and password'

Brink, Dec 16, 2022
  4. Ngavmot Win User

Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked

Cant change windows Logon password

Sorry this is not helping me

I dont want to change my Microsoft account

I want to change my Logon Password

I have fallowed the steps and all i did was sign out and sign in again

I dont Understand this

also I dont want to use my Microsoft account password for my log in password

I think there is no Solution for me

I will Just stay with this Password

Ngavmot, Dec 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked - Similar Threads - Password incorrect User

2. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  3. User must change password before signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User must change password before signing in: I recently reset my laptop due to performance issues and now I’m getting a message that says user must change password before signing in I tried my Microsoft account password but it said it didn’t match I don’t know my password for my account because I’ve been using pin ever...
  4. "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt

"User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt: I have a fairly mundane network with AD servers six in total in three locations all running Windows Server 2022 Standard updated with the latest patches, etc. The network clients are majoritively Windows 11, with some still on Windows 10. The environment is hybrid, with...
  5. "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt: I have a fairly mundane network with AD servers six in total in three locations all running Windows Server 2022 Standard updated with the latest patches, etc. The network clients are majoritively Windows 11, with some still on Windows 10. The environment is hybrid, with...
  6. Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked

Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked: I've run into an odd issue, whenever I go to reset someone's password on the domain controller, and the "User must change password at next logon" box is checked, that password will not work. But when I uncheck the box the password does work. This is a very concerning issue...
  7. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...: When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a...
  8. the users password must be changed before signing in no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the users password must be changed before signing in no password: https://imgur.com/a/KJjh6qB I'm currently encountering this problem However when i put a password of the email in order to change it it doesn't work submitted by /u/_mkrfs [link] [comments]...
  9. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  10. Incorrect Password after changing 'user'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Password after changing 'user': Hello all. Newbie here and not very tech savvy. I was working on my laptop just fine this morning and when using a specific program noticed it was saving work as a previous user. So I went to accounts and changed the user name to mine. Now when I start the computer and am...