Windows 10: Password is not required on reboot

Discus and support Password is not required on reboot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ended up needing to reload windows to get 1809 to load properly. Now when you reboot the computer, it does not challenge you for a password even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanaLonn, Jan 15, 2019.

1. DanaLonn Win User

Password is not required on reboot

I ended up needing to reload windows to get 1809 to load properly. Now when you reboot the computer, it does not challenge you for a password even though it is set up to require a password. If I log out of the user, then the password is requested as appropriate. In the old days, there would be a .BAT file that would execute that could change boot behavior. Suggestions?

:)

DanaLonn, Jan 15, 2019

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Require Password after sleep not working.

Hi,

About your concern in removing the password in your PC. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click “Start”, type “Power Options” in the start search box, and press “Enter”.
    • Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” on the left pane.
    • Select the option “Change settings that are unavailable”.
    • Select the option “Don't require a password".

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Password is not required on reboot

OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Password is not required on reboot

1. Password is not required on reboot - Similar Threads - Password required reboot

2. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  3. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  6. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  7. Error occurred and REBOOT requiring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error occurred and REBOOT requiring: Hello everyone When I was using my laptop, a sudden error occurred. Then the familiar blue screen appeared. But just a minute later, it turned off itself and ran the command “Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a...
  8. Reboot password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot password.: Trying to reboot Win 10 but everything is pw protected. I used the normal account pw but it shows as incorrect. I got another pw from MS but it too shows as incorrect. How do I disable the pw feature until I complete reboot?...
  9. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  10. Password Always Required ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Always Required ?: Hey guys New to the 10 forum! Great place.. I just got a new system coming from a Win 7 Pro machine to a Win 10 Pro System . Im having an issue with removing the password from 2 spots : When waking up from Sleep & from Screen Saver. When I boot up it doesn't ASK that's all...