Windows 10: Password issue? Windows isn't telling me the password isn't correct, it's just dumping me...

Discus and support Password issue? Windows isn't telling me the password isn't correct, it's just dumping me... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to check out a computer I haven't used in a bit, and when turning it on, I'm obviously prompted to put in my password. I've tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xoemily, May 20, 2020.

1. Password issue? Windows isn't telling me the password isn't correct, it's just dumping me...

I've been trying to check out a computer I haven't used in a bit, and when turning it on, I'm obviously prompted to put in my password. I've tried a few. None of them are saying that they're incorrect, it's just sending me back to the main screen that shows the time and date. There's no "Forgot password" option anywhere on the page to put in my password.

My login screen shows up like this (this is an example found on Google, but looks exactly like mine)
    I put in my password, it gives me the loading rotation wheel, and then dumps me back to this page. It doesn't tell me it's incorrect or anything just sends me back to the lock screen.

What can I do to log into my computer? I've even tried restarting a few times to see if maybe it'd pull up the "forgotten password" option, but it hasn't.

submitted by /u/xoemily
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xoemily, May 20, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 20, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, May 20, 2020
  4. Password issue? Windows isn't telling me the password isn't correct, it's just dumping me...

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Password issue? Windows isn't telling me the password isn't correct, it's just dumping me...

1. Password issue? Windows isn't telling me the password isn't correct, it's just dumping me... - Similar Threads - Password issue isn't

2. PIN isn't available and password isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN isn't available and password isn't working: I've run into the error where "something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." When I click "Set up my PIN," nothing happens. Sign-in options was not available until I followed the regedit tutorial.Now I can sign in with my password, but that...
  3. Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct: Hi I am hoping someone can help. I recently found my old Acer Aspire E15 in storage and was hoping to recover my photos from it. From what I've gathered its running on windows 8.1. I haven't used this laptop in 6/7 yrs, so naturally I have forgotten my password. I followed...
  4. Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct: Hi I am hoping someone can help. I recently found my old Acer Aspire E15 in storage and was hoping to recover my photos from it. From what I've gathered its running on windows 8.1. I haven't used this laptop in 6/7 yrs, so naturally I have forgotten my password. I followed...
  5. Password isn't available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password isn't available: My pc is not starting and it is showing pin isn't available. I forgot my password of the windows and during use some security settings were put off by me so it restarted and problem started occurring and once I watched some YouTube videos their it was shown that press shift...
  6. Password isn't available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password isn't available: My pc is not starting and it is showing pin isn't available. I forgot my password of the windows and during use some security settings were put off by me so it restarted and problem started occurring and once I watched some YouTube videos their it was shown that press shift...
  7. Password isn't available

8. Keep telling me the password is wrong

Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  9. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  10. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming