Windows 10: Password log on gone - PIN issue

Discus and support Password log on gone - PIN issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Stockwell, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Password log on gone - PIN issue

Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in another account etc There is a no log in with password option on the screen, just a pin request. I’m using windows 11.

:)

Mark Stockwell, Nov 27, 2022

2. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Password log on gone - PIN issue [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Password log on gone - PIN issue

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Password log on gone - PIN issue

1. Password log on gone - PIN issue - Similar Threads - Password log gone

2. Password log on gone - PIN issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  3. PIN and log in issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and log in issues: Hello - I picked up a reimaged Microsoft Laptop three days ago. Set it up no issue, although no password option. Working find for day, then message on opening screen 'Your PIN is required to sign in' - select 'sign in options' and get message "your PIN is no longer...
  4. PIN and log in issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and log in issues: Hello - I picked up a reimaged Microsoft Laptop three days ago. Set it up no issue, although no password option. Working find for day, then message on opening screen 'Your PIN is required to sign in' - select 'sign in options' and get message "your PIN is no longer...
  5. PIN and log in issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Password and Pin log-in

Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  7. Cant log in with password OR PIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant log in with password OR PIN: After having overheating issues with my computer, The PIN feature no longer works and the password doesnt work either. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-with-password-or-pin/f21ecd2f-5a6b-4309-bc57-f04b579e2e10
  8. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  9. Data gone after rebooting and logging in with password instead of pin

Data gone after rebooting and logging in with password instead of pin: Rebooted my PC and after I tried to sign in with my pin. Message says "You can't sign into this device right now. Try the last password used on this device." I use "Sign in options" to change to password and enter my password. I get in but all my data is gone and my desktop...
  10. log in ignoring pin/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in ignoring pin/password: Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then...