Windows 10: password login at startup

Discus and support password login at startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AndrewHayesEddie, Feb 20, 2019.

1. password login at startup

I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I have to reset my password. Can I just remove the password on startup option or is there more of a problem than that

:)

AndrewHayesEddie, Feb 20, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 20, 2019
  3. At startup, no password or login prompt

At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue also happens if i put it to sleep, or hibernate, also have to restart computer. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Stranded360, Feb 20, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

password login at startup

At startup, no password or login prompt

@Stranded360

It may be an issue with Fast Startup. At an Admin command prompt, type (copy/paste this), and press enter.

powercfg -h off

Reboot.

This will turn off Fast Startup and disable hibernation. You will still be able to Sleep the machine.

Without more info, this is just a good guess since there are issues with Fast Startup and logon, etc.

You can reverse this by powercfg -h on

Worth a shot.

f14tomcat, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

password login at startup

1. password login at startup - Similar Threads - password login startup

2. Startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  3. startup login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    startup login: About 2 weeks ago I had to get a new modem from my internet provider and the startup login that was on my laptop is now on my desktop and the startup login that was on my laptop is now on my desktop. Why did this happen and what caused it to happen and how do I change it?...
  4. Startup login THEN subsequent login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup login THEN subsequent login?: Basically I'm thinking about making my computer more secure Is there a way to make it so that the 1st password (on boot) requires a password made up of whatever I want But after that I can just use a pin to log back in. Like after locking my screen or waking my PC from...
  5. startup password

startup password: Yes I'm having a problem with Microsoft account I have a password on my laptop that I have been Locked out of for over a yr now My girlfriend set up a password and has forgotten what it is Now I cannot get into my laptop and I'm sick of it, I have gave all the information it...
  6. Change PC Startup login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change PC Startup login password: How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pc-startup-login-password/cb330154-e7c6-4433-8357-d71f18c38ac4
  7. password on startup

password on startup: I was given this laptop by my stepson. He gave me the password. How to I get rid of having to put in a password every time I turn it on? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-on-startup/141bde6a-c126-4507-b1f5-5f18af33535a"
  8. 2 login screens at startup - no password required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 login screens at startup - no password required: 1) Prior to the last win 10 update, when I turned on my PC I briefly got login background wallpaper without (!) a usier icon (UI), user name (UN), or "welcome" message (WM)- the pc then went directly to the desktop - no login required. 2) After the update I lost the login...
  9. Remove all logins and passwords at startup?!?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove all logins and passwords at startup?!?!: Tried searching, tried a few things and still nothing. My computer used to just turn on and go to the desktop. Then, after an update it went to a log in screen at startup but pressing enter made it work - ie no password. Now, after another update I now have a login...
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...