Windows 10: Password login flashes on and off when hitting the enter button

Discus and support Password login flashes on and off when hitting the enter button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 7. I recently installed Windows 10. There was no problem signing in with my password login even after it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnitaJE, May 17, 2020.

1. AnitaJE Win User

Password login flashes on and off when hitting the enter button

I have an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 7. I recently installed Windows 10. There was no problem signing in with my password login even after it was completely shutdown. Now when I turn it on, the background picture comes up with the Date/time. When I hit the "enter" button, the password login in will start to come on and than goes off. When I hit the "enter" button again, the password login in appears and than flashes off. I have tried turning it completely off and removing the battery for about a minute, and than turning it back on.

:)

AnitaJE, May 17, 2020

2. Disable Windows 10 login password

I got it to work.

The key is, after following the advice above to "unclick the box" in Step 2, DO NOT hit "OK". Instead, you must hit the "APPLY" button next.

Then, it will ask you for the credentials of the account you want to 'auto-login' to, as in Step 3. You're not actually bypassing the login, you're just setting it up to automatically login for you.

So enter your Microsoft user name and your password that you use to logon. Then hit OK, reboot, and watch it log you in without having to manually enter your password!

cschneid13, May 17, 2020
  3. Disable Windows 10 login password

I got it to work.

The key is, after following the advice above to "unclick the box" in Step 2, DO NOT hit "OK". Instead, you must hit the "APPLY" button next.

Then, it will ask you for the credentials of the account you want to 'auto-login' to, as in Step 3. You're not actually bypassing the login, you're just setting it up to automatically login for you.

So enter your Microsoft user name and your password that you use to logon. Then hit OK, reboot, and watch it log you in without having to manually enter your password!

cschneid13, May 17, 2020
  4. Password login flashes on and off when hitting the enter button

Disable Windows 10 login password

I got it to work.

cschneid13, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Password login flashes on and off when hitting the enter button

1. Password login flashes on and off when hitting the enter button - Similar Threads - Password login flashes

2. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  3. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  4. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.: Hello,Can anyone help? I have a number of pupils in a class who are very slow at typing and are learning to login, so I need to increase the time they have to complete this. I would like to increase the timeout when someone is typing their username and password so that the...
  5. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.: Hello,Can anyone help? I have a number of pupils in a class who are very slow at typing and are learning to login, so I need to increase the time they have to complete this. I would like to increase the timeout when someone is typing their username and password so that the...
  6. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  8. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  9. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

10. Error codes and computer flashes on and off after entering password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error codes and computer flashes on and off after entering password: Hi, having major problems with computer . HP model number y00IAx . I did ask the question here before but not technially minded enough to do what was asked so went to computer repairer TWICE for repairs but ended up with two bills amd a computer that wont get through loading...