Windows 10: Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

Discus and support Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a lenovo laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account, when I open the laptop I hw e a sign in page with my Microsoft account profile, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KirstyRobinson3, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

Hello, I have a lenovo laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account, when I open the laptop I hw e a sign in page with my Microsoft account profile, I removed the Hello PIN earlier today, when I went back to work on the laptop later on, it did not recognise my password on the wake up/log in screen. I am logged into my Microsoft account elsewhere with the password but it will not let me access my laptop since I removed the Hello PIN and I cannot reset the PIN as I can't get in to access the settings on the laptop. Any ideas please as it is causing me a huge headache. Thank you

:)

KirstyRobinson3, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

1. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop - Similar Threads - Password login recognised

2. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop: Hello, I have a lenovo laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account, when I open the laptop I hw e a sign in page with my Microsoft account profile, I removed the Hello PIN earlier today, when I went back to work on the laptop later on, it did not recognise my password on...
  3. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop: Hello, I have a lenovo laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account, when I open the laptop I hw e a sign in page with my Microsoft account profile, I removed the Hello PIN earlier today, when I went back to work on the laptop later on, it did not recognise my password on...
  4. Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?: Hi, I've been using a local login for my Win 10 but after reading I added a Pin. My question is when I log in now, I'm still given the option of using my passowrd or pin. I thought the purpose of having a Pin was to do away with the password option? Can I disable the password...
  5. Remove windows 10 login PIN and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove windows 10 login PIN and password: Hi, I am using windows 10 with details as follows. Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎24-‎05-‎2021 OS build 19043.928 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I have tried to remove PIN from my account using procedure mentioned...
  6. No option to create a login password and remove pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to create a login password and remove pin: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Exotic_Disk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg9gfg/no_option_to_create_a_login_password_and_remove/
  7. How to login using a password, not a pin when I can't remove pin due to error?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to login using a password, not a pin when I can't remove pin due to error?: I would like to use my password, NOT this pin garbage, to log into my laptop. The only solution I've found to do that is to remove the pin, but on my device, it says 'This option is currently unavailable. Sorry, this pin isn't working with your organization's resources'. This...
  8. How to remove login password or pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove login password or pin: How do I remove login password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-login-password-or-pin/3608d983-8be6-4757-8507-74ef53312e18
  9. Pin or Password login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin or Password login: which is better password or pin and are they safe. Pin seems to be easier to guess or crack is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-or-password-login/51f87a20-82ba-44f7-a3bc-2b45422e3efa"
  10. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...