Windows 10: Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

Discus and support Password Login Option Suddenly Missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went to login to my computer and it only has the option to login with a PIN. I never use a pin to login I don't know what it would be. I tried a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TES 80, Nov 17, 2022.

1. TES 80 Win User

Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

I went to login to my computer and it only has the option to login with a PIN. I never use a pin to login I don't know what it would be. I tried a few things, but nothing works. There is no option to use password instead, there is no settings gear. The Windows +I command does nothing. All the posts about this are super frustrating as they all suggest going to the start menu and going to settings which I would do if I could get into the computer. I tried going into safe mode but it still only ever asking for a pin which I don't have. My cable internet is down so I was in the process of switchin

:)

TES 80, Nov 17, 2022
  2. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Nov 17, 2022
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 17, 2022
  4. Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

1. Password Login Option Suddenly Missing - Similar Threads - Password Login Option

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly password login changed to pin?: Has anyone else experienced an overnight update to windows 10 only to find your once password login is gone and now it is asking for a pin? I have never set up my device for a pin login. I am not a super tech so I keep things easy. The pin log in does not have a forgot pin...
  5. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly password login changed to pin?: Has anyone else experienced an overnight update to windows 10 only to find your once password login is gone and now it is asking for a pin? I have never set up my device for a pin login. I am not a super tech so I keep things easy. The pin log in does not have a forgot pin...
  6. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Login Option Suddenly Missing: I went to login to my computer and it only has the option to login with a PIN. I never use a pin to login I don't know what it would be. I tried a few things, but nothing works. There is no option to use password instead, there is no settings gear. The Windows +I command does...
  8. Missing option for disabling login password? How to disable login password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing option for disabling login password? How to disable login password?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AbonIamme [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3f8n9/missing_option_for_disabling_login_password_how/
  9. Login Options Missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Options Missing: I have an Asus laptop with an SSD containing a Windows 10 installation and a hard drive containing both a data partition for Windows and an Ubuntu 16 installation. Earlier this week while traveling my battery ran out while I was using Windows and the computer automatically...
  10. Login password suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...