Windows 10: Password, Login to Windows10

Discus and support Password, Login to Windows10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for about a year. When I set it up, it gave me the option to use a number code for login, which I set and use. However,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ddbutton1, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ddbutton1 Win User

Password, Login to Windows10

I have been using Windows 10 for about a year.

When I set it up, it gave me the option to use a number code for login, which I set and use.

However, I am concerned that if I ever need to do something that requires the original password, I am in trouble because I can't find my notes that I used during set up.

Any clues about retrieving the password or reseting it?

Thanks

:)

ddbutton1, Jan 2, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Cannot login with new Password Windows10

Hello,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

• Do you receive any error message?

I would suggest you to reset Microsoft account password and then try to login.

Refer:

Reset your password

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 2, 2019
  4. NikShi Win User

Not able to login to my laptop on Windows10 account even after resetting password.

Hi,

I am not able to login to my laptop (Windows10), when ever I input the password it gave me incorrect password error. I did following steps.

1. Tried login but received error "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset."

2. Reseted my password on another device and restarted the troubled laptop. Tried login but received the same error.

3. Used the virtual keyboard, but received the same error again.

I am able to see my troubled device in the Windows profile (on another device) so I am sure that, I have changed the password on the correct profile.

I want recover data from my hard disk. Please suggest how can I access my data back.

NikShi, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Password, Login to Windows10 - Similar Threads - Password Login Windows10

2. Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error: Hi,I am unable to login to my Laptop using Microsoft Credentials. Every time I login it says " Other User : Password incorrect please reset... ".I have reset my password multiple times and also did a windows reset, but the problem still persists..Please help me with a...
  3. Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error: Hi,I am unable to login to my Laptop using Microsoft Credentials. Every time I login it says " Other User : Password incorrect please reset... ".I have reset my password multiple times and also did a windows reset, but the problem still persists..Please help me with a...
  4. Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am unable to login in to Windows10 even after password reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to login in to Windows10 even after password reset: For the last 24 hours, my Windows 10 labtop has been locked out due to sign in option disabled due to incorrect pin. I have waited for more than 2 hours many times with labtop powered, but all the times got the same error.I've even reset the outlook password externally online...
  6. Forgot Windows10 password...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot Windows10 password...: The title says it all really. A relative asked me for help after she forgot the password to her laptop. The account or version of Windows 10 doesn't have the "reset account password" option. Despite knowing that it would not be as simple, I took the drive out and tried to...
  7. Login in Windows10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login in Windows10: I am the sole user of my Laptop PC and the sole administrator. I do not need the security of a "Password" when I boot up for a new session or revive from sleep. How do I remove this impediment and speed up access to a session?...
  8. No login screen in Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No login screen in Windows10: Since I did a Windows 10 update on 17 Aug I have been unable to get the login screen on my desktop. I have tried a few things to fix it but nothing works. Does anyone know a fix or should a future Microsoft update resolve the problem? Thanks....
  9. WINDOWS10 LOGIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS10 LOGIN: I have a PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and both linked to the same MS account. Until recently they both has the same Windows 10 login password - which is DIFFERENT from my MS Account password. Suddenly, the PC has decided to insist that I login using my MS...
  10. password incorrect windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    password incorrect windows10: help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/password-incorrect-windows10/ad46fd77-e6c2-4a58-9755-d7e240a28d30