Windows 10: Password Manager in Google Chrome

Discus and support Password Manager in Google Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Motim, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Password Manager in Google Chrome

Hello,
    Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But it is not replaced in the "Password Manager", it keeps the old password, and when I try to open that site, the old password is embedded, have to change it manually. Chrome does not open a pop-up window asking if to save the password, as it has one saved.
    In the "Password Manager" cannot do any editing.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jan 11, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Saving user names and passwords

Are you using the Chrome Browser?

If so, Google reports these are the settings you need to set in Chrome:

On your computer, open Chrome.

At the top right, click More and then Settings.

At the bottom, click Advanced.

Under "Password and forms," click Manage passwords.

Turn the setting on

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Windows Security

In Google Chrome

Click the the Customize and Control menu in the top right hand corner

Click Settings

Scroll down to Passwords and Forms

Click the link Manage passwords

Select the URL then click Show

Andre Da Costa, Jan 11, 2018
  4. hiphopper Win User

I believe you must delete the saved password and then chrome should ask to save the new password the next time you log in.

Or set chrome to never save passwords and use a better password manager like LastPass.

hiphopper, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    Clear the password field and enter the new one:

Password Manager in Google Chrome [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 11, 2018
  6. Both previous solutions are good. I get the Update prompt when I update my passwords, but not always. If I don't get the prompt I'll manually delete it, and then log in, and I'll get the prompt to save.

Bobby Phoenix, Jan 11, 2018
  7. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    Did as above, cleared the password box, entered the new one, but Chrome did not ask if I want to change. Its strange because on some other sites it works.
    Thanks

Motim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password Manager in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Password Manager Google

2. Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello: Hi guys, this is my first time asking here, I'll be glad to provide more details if necessary. Currently running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, OS build 22621.674, on an Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16.0 GB and Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88 Official Build...
  3. Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello: Hi guys, this is my first time asking here, I'll be glad to provide more details if necessary. Currently running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, OS build 22621.674, on an Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16.0 GB and Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88 Official Build...
  4. Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi,Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. My other computers do not have this issue.CheersWasyl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-wiindows-log-on-password-to/71e7776f-f2a4-482c-b85c-dfd16cc3c215
  5. Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.: and please don't tell me to use chrome://flags because DISABLE PASSWORD MANANGER RE-AUTHENTICATION IS NOT one of the flag options, it is not THERE!! AND please do not give me Pamela Crane's answer "Then I disabled the password and now Google does not require me to put one...
  6. New seamless payments and password management in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    New seamless payments and password management in Google Chrome: Many people choose to save their payment information and passwords for their favorite websites to their Google Account for easy access. Until recently, it was not always easy to access them in Chrome. For example: in that moment where you (finally!) found the perfect holiday...
  7. Better password protections in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Better password protections in Google Chrome: Many of us have encountered malware, heard of data breaches, or even been a victim of phishing, where a site tries to scam you into entering your passwords and other sensitive information. With all this considered, data security has become a top concern for many people...
  8. Passwords in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Passwords in Google Chrome: Hello, Making preparations for a new computer, like exporting my bookmarks, how can I export my passwords to transfer them into a new computer to come. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106140
  9. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account...