Windows 10: Password Managers

Discus and support Password Managers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Do you need more than 1 password manager, just in case something goes wrong with 1 of them? Would they have a conflict with each other? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dnoonkeste, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Password Managers

Do you need more than 1 password manager, just in case something goes wrong with 1 of them?
    Would they have a conflict with each other?

dnoonkeste, Apr 22, 2021

2. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Jockanory Win User

Password Managers

Any suggestions for a free password manager

Hi All, any suggestions for a free password manager?

Jockanory, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Password Managers

1. Password Managers - Similar Threads - Password Managers

2. Chrome password manager auto-selecting "other user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome password manager auto-selecting "other user": I am having this issue on my pc at home where every time I try to check a password on google chrome I get this authentication pop up where it asks me to enter my password. The problem is that it always selects "other user" instead of my profile administrator. This isn't...
  3. Task manager is asking me a password which i dont know.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager is asking me a password which i dont know.: How to create this task not to insert password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-asking-me-a-password-which-i-dont/d6a0612c-359d-4ab3-abf5-36fdeb65a276
  4. I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager: HiI am having this issue with credential manager not showing my passwords for several years and I use workarounds which are not efficient. So I decided to ask about it here.When I try yo view my saved passwords, say to use it on my phone, I go to edge setting, and I find the...
  5. Badly needed; Password manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Badly needed; Password manager.: Preferably simple and free, just something to pick up and update when a password is changed. (not LastPass) 177848
  6. No WPA3 Password Identifier field in the Wi-Fi manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WPA3 Password Identifier field in the Wi-Fi manager: Hey, The latest WPA3SAE Dragonfly standard defines Password Identifiers as a way to tell the access point AP which password is being used, this allows for a single SSID to support multiple passwords, but when I tried to connect to WPA3 AP I was asked only for the password....
  7. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  8. Good Password Managers

Good Password Managers: A year or so ago I spent some time looking at password managers. Mostly Dashlane, Lastpass and Bitwarden. I tossed Bitwarden because of some of the things it didn't do well (which I cannot recall what any more), and got down to Lastpass and Dashlane. Wife preferred Dashlane...
  9. Password Managers - Better than a Post-It?

Password Managers - Better than a Post-It?: Ive looked at some discussions here and elsewhere, and my wife hit me with a question last night You follow the clamor saying you need a password manager presume Dashlane or Lastpass or something equivalent. HOPEFULLY, you find one that HAS actual, accessible, human support...
  10. Password Manager

Password Manager: How does Password Manager work? I don't understand how you update & why PM doesn't update passwords when needed behind the scenes. And it totally confuses me when I enter a New Password and at the end, a box pops open and askes me IF I want to save the new password....