Windows 10: Password mysteriously changed to all UPPERCASE - Windows 10.

Discus and support Password mysteriously changed to all UPPERCASE - Windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This morning Windows performed some update. It was not a regular one since the System Settings still show last install on 7/21/2019. But now my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PO5, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PO5
    PO5 Win User

Password mysteriously changed to all UPPERCASE - Windows 10.

This morning Windows performed some update. It was not a regular one since the System Settings still show last install on 7/21/2019. But now my password changes to all UPPERCASE!! Go Figure.

:)

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Change password on windows 10

Hi Dave,

To change the password of the Local Account on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press CTRL+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.
    • Choose Change a password.
    • Make sure to enter the correct old password before you can create your new password.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Password mysteriously changed to all UPPERCASE - Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Password mysteriously changed

2. How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote: So i use one note extensively and i cannot find an option to select a text and make it all caps or all lowercase, and it is absolutely frustrating cuz i use this to emphasize important thinfs in my notes and helps me to retain the information better visually....
  3. How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote: So i use one note extensively and i cannot find an option to select a text and make it all caps or all lowercase, and it is absolutely frustrating cuz i use this to emphasize important thinfs in my notes and helps me to retain the information better visually....
  4. Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself: Windows 11 on an HP Spectre-X365. Cannot login to the computer or access any other accounts on it even though administrator shows enabled. This is also a copy of windows that is licensed as "PRO", but shows as home version verified in my MS account this morning. Any ideas on...
  5. Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself: Windows 11 on an HP Spectre-X365. Cannot login to the computer or access any other accounts on it even though administrator shows enabled. This is also a copy of windows that is licensed as "PRO", but shows as home version verified in my MS account this morning. Any ideas on...
  6. Mysterious HWID Changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious HWID Changes: Hello, I've researched this extensively and have not found a solution. Mainly just dead ends of the thread dying... My computer's HWID keeps changing everyday around 10pm from what I've noticed. I've seen some cases where it changes on restart, and lots of other people's...
  7. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?: I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype password, it also reset my Microsoft account password. Does that mean for all devices? I tried the help desk and got no...
  8. Graphics file extensions have changed to uppercase

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphics file extensions have changed to uppercase: Hi, for some reason a lot of my photos have changed from lowercase to uppercase extensions for example .jpg to .JPG and from .dng to .DNG. Also most of my raw files are not displaying thumbnails now. If I click them they will open in their associated programs Does anyone...
  9. Errors in uppercase file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Errors in uppercase file: How do i fix errors in uppercase file, I have already tried using chkdsk C: /f, it did not work. any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errors-in-uppercase-file/c8b852b4-2c5f-4635-afd8-882e7bc4441e
  10. mystery password

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery password: I've just switched on the pc with W10 on it and a black screen appeared with "enter current password " in white lettering. Confused, I tapped in my W10 logon password and went straight into the BIOS. Funny thing is the BIOS password is nothing like the Windows one. 5621