Windows 10: Password Nightmare

Discus and support Password Nightmare in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop with W 10. Somehow, in setting that up, my passwords have all changed. Originally, my "Windows" password was the same as my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bangorme, Aug 8, 2019.

1. bangorme Win User

Password Nightmare

I purchased a new laptop with W 10. Somehow, in setting that up, my passwords have all changed. Originally, my "Windows" password was the same as my Microsoft account password. I use a password safe, so I know the password in there is the original password for all these things on all my devices. Now, when I tried to use it on my windows account it says it's invalid. If I try to change it to the password in my safe, it says it's an old password. How is this possible? If this password works on everything but my Windows account, how could it be old on that account? I have no problems changing these passwords (using the Microsoft authentication process), but can't get THE SAME PASSWORD TO WORK ON ALL DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Anyway. How do I change all these passwords so that they are all in sync on all devices? I need step by step, foolproof directions please.

Thanks.

:)

bangorme, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Password Nightmare

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Password Nightmare

1. Password Nightmare - Similar Threads - Password Nightmare

2. windows recovery password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows recovery password: hello,i am a windows 11 userafter an update, my taskbar didn't work properly. at first it was hidden then i followed some tutorials and now it is appeared, but it isn't function very well. it has a late response so i fed up and i tried to reset my pc from inside the windows...
  3. windows recovery password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows recovery password: hello,i am a windows 11 userafter an update, my taskbar didn't work properly. at first it was hidden then i followed some tutorials and now it is appeared, but it isn't function very well. it has a late response so i fed up and i tried to reset my pc from inside the windows...
  4. My laptop wants a password on start up after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wants a password on start up after an update: My laptop wants a passwordon startup nowafter an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wants-a-password-on-start-up-after-an/8c846081-2a58-49c6-a6ea-1405d904979d
  5. My laptop wants a password on start up after an update

My laptop wants a password on start up after an update: My laptop wants a passwordon startup nowafter an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wants-a-password-on-start-up-after-an/8c846081-2a58-49c6-a6ea-1405d904979d
  6. My laptop wants a password on start up after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can l reset my password without a usb flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can l reset my password without a usb flash: I am trying to reset my password on my old Lenovo laptop but it won’t let me and it is asking me to connect a usb flash drive which I don’t have...
  8. How can l reset my password without a usb flash

How can l reset my password without a usb flash: I am trying to reset my password on my old Lenovo laptop but it won’t let me and it is asking me to connect a usb flash drive which I don’t have...
  9. How can l reset my password without a usb flash

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...: Subject: Assistance Needed Windows Administrator Password Issue on HP Envy x360Dear Support Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing while trying to reset my Windows password on my HP Envy X360.Currently, the administrative password is not being...