Windows 10: Password not accepted after clean boot

Discus and support Password not accepted after clean boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In order to test my windows performance I did a clean boot as described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ramiwi, Aug 1, 2018.

1. ramiwi Win User

Password not accepted after clean boot

In order to test my windows performance I did a clean boot as described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Now Im not able to login using my PIN code and when using my microsoft account (I see my account`s avatar and full name) windows says its a "wrong password".

The password does work when checking my account via web browser( from other devices), I also did a password reset but still cant login.

I tried the safe mode with networking startup option but got the same result. The "wrong password" message appears instantly when hiting enter. It doesnt seem to check it online.

:)

ramiwi, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Aug 1, 2018
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Password not accepted after clean boot

My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Password not accepted after clean boot

1. Password not accepted after clean boot - Similar Threads - Password accepted clean

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  4. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  5. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  6. Password not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. .Password not accepted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Password not accepted: OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program accepting the new password. I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Also deleted Authenticator App and reinstalled but it also is...
  8. clean install of win 10 accepts UID but not my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install of win 10 accepts UID but not my password: Received Lenovo Yoga 710 from someone who had installed Win10. Plan was to install fresh Win10 and give machine to someone else who had MS account. Did new install, when it came time to login with MS account I entered UID then password, which was not accepted. Had person I...
  9. User password not accepted after holiday

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User password not accepted after holiday: A friend recently returned from a 2 week holiday. His W10 desktop PC now rejects his password and will not let him in. He assures me that he had not changed the password. He has doubled checked that caps/num lock, etc, are not active. I believe him. He was coerced into...
  10. PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted: Out of nowhere my pc stopped booting to windows, so im in advanced setup and i cannot reset my pc or system restore as it wont accept my password I went on another pc and reset my windows live email password, i tried that and went back to the pc and it still wont work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password invalid after clean boot

2. pin is not accepting after clean boot

3. after clean boot my password wont work

4. my password doesnt work after clean boot,
  5. password wrong after clean boot