Windows 10: Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced)

Discus and support Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had issues with an existing Windows 10 install and reinstalled the latest AMD GPU drivers. Up to that point I was using a PIN to login to Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaptnblackbeard, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced)

So I had issues with an existing Windows 10 install and reinstalled the latest AMD GPU drivers. Up to that point I was using a PIN to login to Windows. After rebooting Windows now asks for my password but doesn't accept it. I try several times, reboot a couple of times, make sure its online and still can't get it to accept the password. So I reset the password at the login screen successfully but when entering the new password it also states the password is incorrect.

Unsure how but after about 24 hours it worked, so I presume it was some kind of sync issue with the microsoft server???? But PC was running poorly anyway and I decided to do a complete clean install, this was running fine up to the point were I install the latest AMD GPU drivers and the exact same issue happens again when I reboot. PIN sign-in disappears and asks for password but won't accept correct password (works on my other PC fine).

What the heck? Are the AMD GPU drivers compromised?

EDIT: Confirmed password was correct as it worked to restore the restore point I created just prior to installing the AMD drivers.

submitted by /u/kaptnblackbeard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaptnblackbeard, Jan 6, 2021

2. GPU Driver Error

Thank you...I did have an AMD GPU installed previously, I just was unsure how to find the drivers to uninstall. I currently have an AMD CPU, are any of the drivers/other software listed here needed for the CPU or can I uninstall all of them?

• AMD PCI Device Driver
    • AMD SMBus Driver
    • AMD PSP Driver
    • AMD Problem Report Wizard
    • Balanced Power Plan
    • OEM Application Profiles
    • AMD Radeon Settings

crazyteacher4u, Jan 6, 2021
  3. DirectX V9.29.1974 and AMD GPU drivers won't install

Hi, I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I love Windows 10 so far, but there's one MAJOR problem I'm experiencing. I can't install DirectX or my AMD Radeon HD 6xxx Series PCIe.

When I try to install DirectX, I get this error:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

I tried to look up a solution to THAT error but when I opened up Command Prompt in Administrator mode, I got a lot of errors and some pop-ups saying that it succeeded. The Cryptographic service is on as well. I checked task manger and the services program
    from the administrator tools.

The link to the DirectX I'm trying to install is here: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Now onto the AMD Drivers. When I try to install the GPU drivers for the AMD card, AMD Catalyst AutoDetect only says there were error messages and that I need to view the log to see them. When I opened the log, this is what came up.

Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced) ae823ee8-9f84-4465-94b2-a664116ecb73.png

Any help on this would be very helpful as this is my gaming computer and both DirectX AND the GPU drivers are SUPER important to gaming.

My computer specs are as follows:

• 8GB RAM
    • 500GB HDD
    • AMD Radeon HD 6950
    • Intel i5 3.5GHz

Virus-Win9x-CIH, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Nikitachi Win User

Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced)

AMD GPU ERRORS

I have elitebook 8560p , it has amd6470m, after reinstall of win 7 64, the gpu refuses to accept its driver n i get BSOD with atikmpag errors. I have tried ALL..yes, ALL amd drivers in vain, in device mngr my gpu shows as microsoft basic vga. Now listen
    carefully, i have found that it is WINDOWS tht is REJECTING the AMD driver bcoz the DRIVER IS NOT SIGNED!!, i knw bcoz after battling for MONTHS, every time i get it to work, AFTER RESTART, WINDOWS NOTICES THAT AMD DRIVER IS NOT SIGNED, WINDOWS DISPLAYS THE
    WARNING ERROR MSG THAT AMD DRIVER NOT SINGNED SO WINDOWS WILL NOW STOP AND SHUTDOWN! , srry 4 the bold letters jus wanna mke sure u get it, question is HOW DO WE GET WINDWS TO ACCEPT AMD DRIVER, in safe mode everything works as it should DISABLING DRIVER
    ENFORCEMENT DZNT WORK B4 utell me to do it

Nikitachi, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced)

1. Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced) - Similar Threads - Password accepted installing

2. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  3. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  4. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  5. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU: I have been getting a lot of BSOD crashes when playing games, but I never got any of these crashes until I got a Red Devil RX 5700 XT GPU. I have gotten: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY kmode_exception_not_handled IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL All of my drivers are up to date...
  6. AMD GPU

AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...
  7. Blue Screen whilst installing AMD GPU drivers

Blue Screen whilst installing AMD GPU drivers: So i was installing my AMD GPU drivers as the ones windows had in its updates aren't supported by certain games (it's a new pc so windows did all its updates and installed the wrong AMD Driver). I uninstalled those drivers and whilst installing the new ones it blue screens...
  8. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?: I have an amd 7970 top edition card.. I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates.. The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there is a new driver 18.5.1 recommended to install, plus an optional 18.8.2.. I have windows update open and it says that there...
  9. Microsoft Keep Installing An AMD Driver Over My GPU.

Microsoft Keep Installing An AMD Driver Over My GPU.: Why does Microsoft do this? It's guaranteed without fail at some point that Windows Update will download and install what it thinks is the best suitable Driver over the top of my chosen Driver that I downloaded from AMDs website along with the Radeon Relive software. This in...
  10. "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine

"No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine: Hi, I just thought I need help with this though it doesn't really bother me that much because I don't game too much anyway. I just wanna list the specs here first before I talk about more details Specs (ASUS X550ZE Laptop): AMD A8 7200p Radeon R5 (AMD A8) + Radeon...