Windows 10: .Password not accepted

Discus and support .Password not accepted in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Erfngel1, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Erfngel1 Win User

.Password not accepted

OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program accepting the new password.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Also deleted Authenticator App and reinstalled but it also is not accepting new Password

:)

Erfngel1, Jul 24, 2020

2. My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi Pedro E Cordeiro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to internet issue started?
    • Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?

I understand the inconvenience caused due to this issue, this could be due to a change in the keyboard layout. However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Change the keyboard layout.

1. In the bottom right corner of the sign in screen, select the first option to change the keyboard layout.
    2. Try to change the keyboard layout from the list if you have any and type in the password.

Method 2: Use the On screen keyboard.

1. Restart the computer. In the sign in screen, hold down the shift key and select restart from bottom right corner of your screen.
    2. After the pc is restarted, select Troubleshoot > Select
      Advanced options >Click on Startup settings >
      Now, click on Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, you should see number of options. Press F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.
    4. When you are in login screen, press Windows
      and U together on the keyboard
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    5. Now, use the cursor to type the password with On-screen keyboard.
    6. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

After you login to safe mode with networking, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.
    Let us know the results to assist you further regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 26, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

.Password not accepted

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

.Password not accepted

1. .Password not accepted - Similar Threads - Password accepted

2. My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.: Hi I'm Rumbul user of Asus vivobook S15 OLED. I'm unable to sign in on my laptop. It's not accept my finger print nor password. I request you to look on this matter and please try to resolve and fix this problem.Thank you...
  3. My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.: Hi I'm Rumbul user of Asus vivobook S15 OLED. I'm unable to sign in on my laptop. It's not accept my finger print nor password. I request you to look on this matter and please try to resolve and fix this problem.Thank you...
  4. Need to reset Windows, not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset Windows, not accepting password: I have a maybe 3 year old Lenovo laptop. I don't use it often but trying to. When I turned it on, it told me it was "uninstalling changes.". Then I got a black screen, windows never booting upI don't really have anything but a Google drive link and Outlook email on the...
  5. When booting the laptop, there is an error loading Windows. Passwords are not accepted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When booting the laptop, there is an error loading Windows. Passwords are not accepted.: When booting the laptop, there is an error loading Windows. A password is required to perform any repair or repair command. Passwords from Windows or Microsoft accounts are not accepted. What can be done?...
  6. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted: Hi there,Windows 10 doesn't start up anymore. Therefore I started that procedure for Start-up Repair 3 times hard reset to remove latest updates which obviously cause this trouble. I perfectly got there to the Start-up Repair screen and my Microsoft User account also shows up...
  7. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted: Hi there,Windows 10 doesn't start up anymore. Therefore I started that procedure for Start-up Repair 3 times hard reset to remove latest updates which obviously cause this trouble. I perfectly got there to the Start-up Repair screen and my Microsoft User account also shows up...
  8. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...
  10. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...