Windows 10: password not being accepted

Discus and support password not being accepted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Computer was recovered and on start up the computer will not take any of my passwords or pin numbers. The message I get is reset your password, but we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billbrings1, Dec 16, 2019.

1. password not being accepted

Computer was recovered and on start up the computer will not take any of my passwords or pin numbers. The message I get is reset your password, but we do not have the resetting disc. The computer was set up at Office Depot 4 years ago and 160 miles from here.

:)

billbrings1, Dec 16, 2019

2. My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi Pedro E Cordeiro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to internet issue started?
    • Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?

I understand the inconvenience caused due to this issue, this could be due to a change in the keyboard layout. However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Change the keyboard layout.

1. In the bottom right corner of the sign in screen, select the first option to change the keyboard layout.
    2. Try to change the keyboard layout from the list if you have any and type in the password.

Method 2: Use the On screen keyboard.

1. Restart the computer. In the sign in screen, hold down the shift key and select restart from bottom right corner of your screen.
    2. After the pc is restarted, select Troubleshoot > Select
      Advanced options >Click on Startup settings >
      Now, click on Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, you should see number of options. Press F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.
    4. When you are in login screen, press Windows
      and U together on the keyboard
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    5. Now, use the cursor to type the password with On-screen keyboard.
    6. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

After you login to safe mode with networking, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.
    Let us know the results to assist you further regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 16, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

password not being accepted

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

password not being accepted

1. password not being accepted - Similar Threads - password being accepted

2. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.: I restarted my pc and upon the restart, it had no internet connection. This is an issue which has been happening for years, at random. Wlancfg sometimes does not automatically run, and I have to manually start the service through task manager for internet to become available....
  3. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.: I restarted my pc and upon the restart, it had no internet connection. This is an issue which has been happening for years, at random. Wlancfg sometimes does not automatically run, and I have to manually start the service through task manager for internet to become available....
  4. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  6. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  7. Password not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Wi-Fi password not being accepted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi password not being accepted: I set up my Microsoft surface yesterday and connected internet, everything fine. Used it all day. Started computer today and it won't connect to Wi-Fi anymore. Says something has changed so must put in password again but won't accept it. Definitely keying in correct...
  9. .Password not accepted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Password not accepted: OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program accepting the new password. I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Also deleted Authenticator App and reinstalled but it also is...
  10. Cannot escape reboot and password is not being accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot escape reboot and password is not being accepted: I have spent 3 days trying to fix my daughter's brand new HP STREAM laptop. I had entered safe mode and now I cannot get out of it, I cannot pull up a command prompt, I have restarted about 15 times, tried to do a recovery, tried to do a system restore, changed my passwords,...