Windows 10: Password not known and pin no longer works

Discus and support Password not known and pin no longer works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have always used my pin in windows 10. I tried to guess at password and failed. I needed password to be able to access from another computer, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by balogna, Apr 17, 2020.

1. balogna Win User

Password not known and pin no longer works

I have always used my pin in windows 10. I tried to guess at password and failed. I needed password to be able to access from another computer, so I went through change of password with admin command prompt. Something went wron. When I try to enter the pin, it states the password has been change and I must use it before accessing with the pin again. I can not get pass the pin/password entry location

:)

balogna, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Password not known and pin no longer works

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Password not known and pin no longer works

1. Password not known and pin no longer works - Similar Threads - Password known pin

2. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  3. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  4. Password no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password no longer working: Good afternoon, I recently picked up a laptop for my Son and set him up with a Microsoft account. I set a password to limit his access, which both myself and my partner have been using to log in - nobody else had access to this password. The password is no longer working. I...
  5. Password no longer working

Password no longer working: Good afternoon, I recently picked up a laptop for my Son and set him up with a Microsoft account. I set a password to limit his access, which both myself and my partner have been using to log in - nobody else had access to this password. The password is no longer working. I...
  6. Log in Pin not known

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in Pin not known: I did an update for windows. Now when I start the computer it asks for a pin, but I do not know the pin and the email to retrieve it is one I do not have anymore. How can I resolve this?...
  7. Log in Pin not known

Log in Pin not known: I did an update for windows. Now when I start the computer it asks for a pin, but I do not know the pin and the email to retrieve it is one I do not have anymore. How can I resolve this?...
  8. Log in Pin not known

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Login Password known but unable to change PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Password known but unable to change PIN: Hi, I used to login to my laptop via Windows 10 with a fingerprint, but had to disable that to let another user use my laptop. I have a password, so can get into my laptop that way, but want to change my PIN - as I can't remember it - but it asks me for my original PIN not...
  10. PIN no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN no longer working: I tried to use my new laptop and this message pops up when I try to do anything . I don't know how to get the settings to change my PIN[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-working/1b1f05aa-93b2-4e9b-8b59-cdcaad0e98a5