Windows 10: password not recognized in safe mode startup

Discus and support password not recognized in safe mode startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why is this not being discussed or answered by experts from the community?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by David Lewis_806, Sep 14, 2019.

1. password not recognized in safe mode startup

Why is this not being discussed or answered by experts from the community?

:)

David Lewis_806, Sep 14, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi Pedro E Cordeiro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to internet issue started?
    • Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?

I understand the inconvenience caused due to this issue, this could be due to a change in the keyboard layout. However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Change the keyboard layout.

1. In the bottom right corner of the sign in screen, select the first option to change the keyboard layout.
    2. Try to change the keyboard layout from the list if you have any and type in the password.

Method 2: Use the On screen keyboard.

1. Restart the computer. In the sign in screen, hold down the shift key and select restart from bottom right corner of your screen.
    2. After the pc is restarted, select Troubleshoot > Select
      Advanced options >Click on Startup settings >
      Now, click on Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, you should see number of options. Press F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.
    4. When you are in login screen, press Windows
      and U together on the keyboard
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    5. Now, use the cursor to type the password with On-screen keyboard.
    6. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

After you login to safe mode with networking, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.
    Let us know the results to assist you further regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 14, 2019
  4. password not recognized in safe mode startup

Question about password in Safe Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to login into the PC or the Microsoft Account using a browser?
    • Did you check in Safe mode with Networking?

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Check if you are able to login by typing the password using on-screen keyboard by following the steps below:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

After entering the password and before pressing Enter,
    click on the icon adjacent to where you typed the password and check if you have entered the right password.

Method 1: Boot your PC in Safe mode with networking
    by following the steps from the link below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method 2: If you are unable to login and is using Microsoft account to enter the user profile, I suggest you to use another PC to reset the password from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

password not recognized in safe mode startup

1. password not recognized in safe mode startup - Similar Threads - password recognized safe

2. Stuck in safe mode startup screen with password not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in safe mode startup screen with password not working.: I cannot access my laptop because I do not know the password for safe mode. I know it's not my PIN, but my working Microsoft password doesn't work either. Networking is not enabled although I thought I chose that when choosing to enter safe mode. I tried to connect via...
  3. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  4. Password not recognized booting in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not recognized booting in safe mode: Cannot boot in safe mode because password is not recognized. Changed 3 times and am able to log on a diff. computer. Have been at it for close to 7 hrs and no results. Can't get administrator command prompt. Have initiated safe mode with networking but password not...
  5. Safe Mode will not recognize password

Safe Mode will not recognize password: Windows 10 I can access the safe mode screen bit on entering password I am told Password invalid. I have tried safe mode with networking and used my microsoft password without success. From Googling this problem it would that this could be a OS bug. Please can you...
  6. Cannot exit safe mode. Password is no longer recognized

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot exit safe mode. Password is no longer recognized: I’m stuck in Safe Mode. I have tried several online suggestions but all sooner or later require my pssword which is now not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-exit-safe-mode-password-is-no-longer/0d13bdf9-8db7-49b9-b3e1-330719c66b45"
  7. password not recognized in safe mode startup

password not recognized in safe mode startup: my password & pin are not recognized when i start windows in the safe mode. they are both valid in the normal operating mode. What's causing this? Thanks, Dave Lewis...
  8. safe mode password

safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  9. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...
  10. password not recognized in safe mode

password not recognized in safe mode: I obviously know my password since I am signed in on this laptop. I am trying to troubleshoot my desktop and had to go into command prompt to even get into safe mode. I could not do it from the apps since my screen did not load correctly. Anyway, it appears I am in safe mode...