Windows 10: password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.

Discus and support password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I booted up my computer running Windows 10 and entered my password on the lock- screen,but it is not recognized. There is no 'forgot password" link.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jon and dianejohnson, Nov 10, 2018.

1. password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.

I booted up my computer running Windows 10 and entered my password on the lock- screen,but it is not recognized. There is no 'forgot password" link. How to I get into my computer. Logging on my Microsoft account yields no answers.

:)

jon and dianejohnson, Nov 10, 2018

2. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 10, 2018
  4. password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.

1. password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10. - Similar Threads - password recognized lock

2. Window 10 lock screen password issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 lock screen password issue: Hi. So I wanted to get rid of the lock screen password. Seems simple. Well after 3 hours of searching and trying everything including changing registry settings, Im at a loss. So where I would normally chose "Never" for ask for password, it is greyed out and says...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.

Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.: Hello, i have windows 10 and have not been able to login. Pin is not recognized or password is incorrect. I have tried restarting the unit and trouble shooting in advance options with no luck. Start up repair - is not recognizing the password. Startup settings - restore...
  4. Again, Windows 10 Lock Screen Password

Again, Windows 10 Lock Screen Password: My PW is the same for Lock Screen and MS account. I want them to be different. I know they're stupidly designed to be the same. If I go to my account in Settings and click on "Sign in with a local account instead," what happens exactly? I used to have a Local Account and...
  5. Windows 10, change password of lock screen

Windows 10, change password of lock screen: Hi My account is managed by an organization Domain. I changed my Domain password with a specific web site of my organization. I had to enter this new password to reconnect Outlook and teams. But when i open my session and unlock screen, it is still my previous password....
  6. Lock screen password change for Windows 10

Lock screen password change for Windows 10: I tried to change Windows 10 password via ctrl alt del and using settings Account methods. I managed to update the account password but the lock screen password was still using the old password. I searched the internet but didn't see a workaround, so i am posting my...
  7. windows 10 password not recognized

windows 10 password not recognized: it's pretty simple. I can only get into my safe mode. I don't know where to start fixing this. I've tried lots of things. Restart, shut off restart. gone through the shift and restart parameters, nothing....
  8. Lock screen password change Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock screen password change Windows 10: What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password....
  9. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba
  10. lock screen password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777