Windows 10: Password not working after entering safe mode

Discus and support Password not working after entering safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not able to login. I am stucked in safe mode. I try to off safe mode from cmd but it says operation failed. Please provide me a solution .... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VINAYYADAV3, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Password not working after entering safe mode

I am not able to login. I am stucked in safe mode. I try to off safe mode from cmd but it says operation failed. Please provide me a solution .

:)

VINAYYADAV3, Aug 26, 2018

2. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Password not working after entering safe mode

Question about password in Safe Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to login into the PC or the Microsoft Account using a browser?
    • Did you check in Safe mode with Networking?

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Check if you are able to login by typing the password using on-screen keyboard by following the steps below:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

After entering the password and before pressing Enter,
    click on the icon adjacent to where you typed the password and check if you have entered the right password.

Method 1: Boot your PC in Safe mode with networking
    by following the steps from the link below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method 2: If you are unable to login and is using Microsoft account to enter the user profile, I suggest you to use another PC to reset the password from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Password not working after entering safe mode

1. Password not working after entering safe mode - Similar Threads - Password working entering

2. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  3. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  4. Wrong password when trying to enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong password when trying to enter safe mode: As the title says, i simply cannot enter safe mode as it keeps saying the password is wrong. I've tried both my windows pin and my outlook email password and both are wrong. Yet my pin works perfectly fine when booting in normal mode and my outlook password also works...
  5. Password no longer working after entering safe mode and network

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password no longer working after entering safe mode and network: So I was following a tutorial to see how I can eject my tablet safely. I reached a part where it told me to go to msconfig, go to the boot tab and check off safe mode and network under it. When I wanted to apply these changes it told me that I would need the bitlocker...
  6. Password won't work after entering safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password won't work after entering safe mode: Password won't work after entering safe mode Went into msconfig and changed to reboot in safe mode. Restarted. Now it asks me for my password and it doesn't work. I have tried my pin , and old password too. I have reset my password to make a new one too, which also...
  7. Password didn't appear even after I entered the safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password didn't appear even after I entered the safe mode: Guys please help me. I updated my widows 10 laptop and this is what happened. My laptop was already done in update and it needs to restart, when the entering of password, password box didn't appear and only "sign in" button present there but if i press sign in button, it cant...
  8. Computer password not working after booting into safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer password not working after booting into safe mode: I did the msconfig thing to go on safe mode and then my computer restarted. After it restarted it asked for a password I always used a pin instead of a password. Every rime I try entering my pin it doesn't work someone please help I have a lot of assignments I have to submit...
  9. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  10. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...