Windows 10: Password not working after installing latest quality update

Discus and support Password not working after installing latest quality update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 4 days I installed the latest quality update and when my computer restarted and i went to log in my password to my account was not working. I know I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesMillan, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Password not working after installing latest quality update

4 days I installed the latest quality update and when my computer restarted and i went to log in my password to my account was not working. I know I wasn't hacked because the password worked when it was required to get to the system restore page. The solution I used was to uninstall the latest quality update and that worked. When the quality update reappeared for download, I thought I'd try again thinking maybe the install just went wrong in some way but again, my password wasn't working. So I uninstalled the update again and here I am.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I want to be able to continue to update my PC but I am very reluctant if this will continue to happen.

:)

JamesMillan, Sep 12, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Password not working after installing latest quality update

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Password not working after installing latest quality update

1. Password not working after installing latest quality update - Similar Threads - Password working installing

2. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalling the latest quality update..: After booting my hp laptop there was this loop saying repairing disk error this might take over an hour . So I tried uninstalling latest quality update , but not my pc is stuck for several hours in uninstalling latest quality update...
  3. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstalling the latest quality update..: After booting my hp laptop there was this loop saying repairing disk error this might take over an hour . So I tried uninstalling latest quality update , but not my pc is stuck for several hours in uninstalling latest quality update...
  4. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What password is "Uninstaller latest quality update" looking for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What password is "Uninstaller latest quality update" looking for?: I don't know what is going on with my pc. Firefox stopped working. I tried system restore, turning off then on, and trouble shooting. So what password should be here? I don't see a link to reset password or I would have tried that first. I know this sounds soooo stupid! But...
  6. What password is "Uninstaller latest quality update" looking for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What password is "Uninstaller latest quality update" looking for?: I don't know what is going on with my pc. Firefox stopped working. I tried system restore, turning off then on, and trouble shooting. So what password should be here? I don't see a link to reset password or I would have tried that first. I know this sounds soooo stupid! But...
  7. What password is "Uninstaller latest quality update" looking for?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Uninstalling latest quality update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling latest quality update: My laptop had a windows update failure and it is not starting up. I wanted to uninstall latest quality update but it kept on saying that my password is incorrect. How to uninstall it? Please help....
  9. Microsoft Password not working when trying to uninstall latest quality update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Password not working when trying to uninstall latest quality update.: The recent quality update made my search bar and calendar stop working, along with features like accounts and even not allowing me to startup apps like netflix from microsoft store, i tried to uninstall latest quality update by going to the advanced startup menu Shift+Restart...
  10. Password won't work after quality update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password won't work after quality update: So a few days ago i installed the latest quality update (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When attempting to login after the update my password was registering as incorrect. (This is just a local account pw, not for my...