Windows 10: Password not working after motherboard changed

Discus and support Password not working after motherboard changed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop Lenovo X1E had a motherboard changed yesterday, and I haven't been able to log in to Windows 10. It recognizes me through facial... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nope_357, Apr 1, 2021.

1. nope_357 Win User

Password not working after motherboard changed

My laptop Lenovo X1E had a motherboard changed yesterday, and I haven't been able to log in to Windows 10.

It recognizes me through facial recognition Welcome "user", but refused to sign in.

It now returns

" Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options".

I couldn't get into Settings as the password is not working The password is incorrect. Try again. Somehow windows seems to have forgotten the password I have used for the past 2.5 years.

Most solutions I found online requiring me to be able to login to the admin account to reset password or PIN, which is exactly the problem I am facing.

Facial Recognition doesn't sign me in although it recognizes me, PIN is not available and windows has "forgotten" the password.

:)

nope_357, Apr 1, 2021

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 1, 2021
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Password not working after motherboard changed

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Password not working after motherboard changed

1. Password not working after motherboard changed - Similar Threads - Password working motherboard

2. Password isn’t working after changing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password isn’t working after changing it: Changed my password because I forgot it now I when I try to use the new password it tells me it’s the wrong password. Changed the password on my iPhone for my email trying to sign in on my laptop and it won’t work...
  3. Password isn’t working after changing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password isn’t working after changing it: Changed my password because I forgot it now I when I try to use the new password it tells me it’s the wrong password. Changed the password on my iPhone for my email trying to sign in on my laptop and it won’t work...
  4. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard: As the title says, i suddenly got the "This site can’t provide a secure connection" and "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" after i changed my motherboard. Listed below are all the methods that i've tried:1. Synced the time and date2. Cleared SSL state3. Cleared browser's cache &...
  5. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard: As the title says, i suddenly got the "This site can’t provide a secure connection" and "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" after i changed my motherboard. Listed below are all the methods that i've tried:1. Synced the time and date2. Cleared SSL state3. Cleared browser's cache &...
  6. reactivation after change of motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reactivation after change of motherboard: my last windows 10 pro was a digital license. I don't know how to reactivate after change of motherboard. I have still with me the genuine windows 7 license. I don't know what to do. kindly help me....
  7. Problem after changing motherboard

Problem after changing motherboard: Hello I recently had to change my motherboard, as it got fried, because of a blackout in my house, and after changing, I couldn't reactivate my windows, please help I got my windows 10 through the free update promotion, that was running a while back....
  8. After Motherboard change

After Motherboard change: Hi all, I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and now windows thinks I don't have my key anymore. I never got an email containing the key, where can I find it?...
  9. Windows 10 license not working after motherboard change

Windows 10 license not working after motherboard change: I recently upgraded my motherboard to a asus z390 motherboard. After upgrading the motherboard, I was able to boot back into windows and everything was running fine for a day. After that day, I booted up my pc, and windows says its not activated. I tried the troubleshooter...
  10. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 cant login after motherboard upgrade

2. changing phone board remove password

3. windows 10 pin does not work after new motherboard