Windows 10: Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

Discus and support Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by quemko, Jan 12, 2022.

1. quemko Win User

Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was nothing more I could uninstall to fix the problem so I decided to restart my PC. Once the restart finished, I hit the spacebar to get to the login screen, but no login box appeared. Neither did my profile picture or my name. I was stuck on a blurred version of my lock screen image. I could still use the three icons in the bot

:)

quemko, Jan 12, 2022

2. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to try to enter your password using the On-screen keyboard
    when logging in to your account in safe mode.

Below are the steps we recommend you to follow:

• Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.

• Upon reaching the login screen, press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list. or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen
      Keyboard
      from the list.

• Use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.

• Before logging in, press the eye symbol which will the reveal password to see if the the password is correct.
    Regards.

Jorge Tan, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Password Working Safe

2. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  3. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  4. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Safe Mode password: It has been so long since I installed Windows for the first time maybe NT? that I have forgotten what I set my Safe Mode password to. On occasion I have an issue where the suggestions are to first reboot into Safe Mode. But, when I try that, it will not accept any password I...
  5. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe Mode password: It has been so long since I installed Windows for the first time maybe NT? that I have forgotten what I set my Safe Mode password to. On occasion I have an issue where the suggestions are to first reboot into Safe Mode. But, when I try that, it will not accept any password I...
  6. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows password not working in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows password not working in safe mode: When I try booting into safe mode I try logging in from the lock screen my password doesn't work and I'm worried when I tried leaving safe mode by doing shift restart then going to command prompt it asks me for a password and when I...
  8. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  9. Windows 10 safe mode password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 safe mode password: I am trying to restart my Acer laptop using Windows 10 in Safe Mode. This requires a password. I'm trying my Microsoft password (the one I used to get t this Community page) and it is constantly rejected. I have no idea how to proceed. How do I get back into my computer?...
  10. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...