Windows 10: Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

Discus and support Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ari94, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Ari94 Win User

Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows 10.Case 2. When I want to use Microsoft community forum I sign in using password is that called Microsoft account password.ORCase 3. When I had purchased computer the IT guys created MS Outlook account and the settings, is that called Microsoft account with password?Shall be thankful for any help.Thank you

:)

Ari94, Mar 26, 2022

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Mar 26, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 26, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two... - Similar Threads - Password local account

2. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  3. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  4. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  6. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  7. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  8. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  9. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...