Windows 10: Password on startup reset by itself

Discus and support Password on startup reset by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Password on startup reset by itself

This is the second time in a row this has happened.
    I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked.
    I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was presented with the login screen.
    How is this possible???
    Same thing happened earlier this week on another reinstallation.

:)

Octopuss, Nov 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 9, 2018
  4. GoFigureItOut Win User

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Password on startup reset by itself - Similar Threads - Password startup reset

2. Password on startup reset by itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  3. File explorer reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer reset by itself: Please, after I installed IDM 6.31 build 8, file explorer reset by itself more than one time 119714
  4. Reset password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset password: Can I reset my password on my Admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password/2d19f82b-657f-4aec-af32-0a16dea63e76
  5. Startup/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup/reset: Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to...
  6. Windows 10 Password Changed By Itself

Windows 10 Password Changed By Itself: I have two laptops with Windows 10. Their windows password differs only with a "1" being added to the password of the other laptop. The mystery is that today I found that the laptop without the "1" needed it. I swear I did nothing to change it. It must be Window 10. Another...
  7. startup password ransom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startup password ransom: I need help, my dad let a offsite tech service remote on to his computer, the set a startup password on it and want $200 to unlock it. All data is backed up so all I need to do is reset to factory or wipe clean, but it will not let me into any recover programs? maybe Buy...
  8. password reset

password reset: i have a asus tab which has windows 10 i activated the Microsoft account and i forgot the password ,how do i reset it 44861
  9. Password at every startup

Password at every startup: Win 10 Pro wants password at every logon. Tried various things..with netplwiz.exe,changing from Microsoft account to domain (sole PC) and this registry hack: [img] 16722
  10. startup settings reset

in Windows 10 Support
    startup settings reset: when you restart with shift you get a blue menu, you type troubleshoot, then "advanced options",then startup settings. then you get a list of settings when you restart the settings are set but then when you reboot again are the settings set to the original state again? 56502