Windows 10: Password on startup reset by itself

Discus and support Password on startup reset by itself in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Octopuss, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Password on startup reset by itself

This is the second time in a row this has happened.
    I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked.
    I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was presented with the login screen.
    How is this possible???
    Same thing happened earlier this week on another reinstallation.

:)

Octopuss, Nov 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Password on startup reset by itself

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Password on startup reset by itself

1. Password on startup reset by itself - Similar Threads - Password startup reset

2. Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it: Hello, I'm in a situation where windows is not loading correctly, so I went to start up repair to fix it. I did not remember my password, so I reset it online my Windows is tied to a Microsoft account so its not a local only user. After resetting it, it still won't accept my...
  3. Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it: Hello, I'm in a situation where windows is not loading correctly, so I went to start up repair to fix it. I did not remember my password, so I reset it online my Windows is tied to a Microsoft account so its not a local only user. After resetting it, it still won't accept my...
  4. Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Startup password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  6. Startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  7. startup password

startup password: Yes I'm having a problem with Microsoft account I have a password on my laptop that I have been Locked out of for over a yr now My girlfriend set up a password and has forgotten what it is Now I cannot get into my laptop and I'm sick of it, I have gave all the information it...
  8. mouse resetting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse resetting itself: every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-resetting-itself/bb578417-d4ad-4b18-86e3-7f7e12383c98
  9. password on startup

password on startup: I was given this laptop by my stepson. He gave me the password. How to I get rid of having to put in a password every time I turn it on? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-on-startup/141bde6a-c126-4507-b1f5-5f18af33535a"
  10. Password on startup reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...