Windows 10: Password on startup reset by itself

Discus and support Password on startup reset by itself in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Octopuss, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Password on startup reset by itself

This is the second time in a row this has happened.
    I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked.
    I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was presented with the login screen.
    How is this possible???
    Same thing happened earlier this week on another reinstallation.

:)

Octopuss, Nov 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Password on startup reset by itself

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Password on startup reset by itself

1. Password on startup reset by itself - Similar Threads - Password startup reset

2. mouse resetting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse resetting itself: every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-resetting-itself/bb578417-d4ad-4b18-86e3-7f7e12383c98
  3. Password reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset: Hi, Does the admin command "net user<username><new password> still work with windows 10 1903 Thank You 137552
  4. password on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password on startup: I was given this laptop by my stepson. He gave me the password. How to I get rid of having to put in a password every time I turn it on? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-on-startup/141bde6a-c126-4507-b1f5-5f18af33535a"
  5. reset password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reset password: I am following a video in youtube, where it shows how to reset my password when I can not login into my computer. I am stuck in a step which is not clear to me. I booted my computer from USB, on which is Windos 10 system. Then I opened the command prompt next step was...
  6. Windows reset itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reset itself: Hi, When I turn on my laptop, it started up like it never been run before. Something like a factory reset. And all my files were gone. Why is that? please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reset-itself/63f34bcb-c125-4a8b-9386-c2daff540d87
  7. Password on startup reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  8. File explorer reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer reset by itself: Please, after I installed IDM 6.31 build 8, file explorer reset by itself more than one time 119714
  9. Reset password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset password: Can I reset my password on my Admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password/2d19f82b-657f-4aec-af32-0a16dea63e76
  10. Startup/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup/reset: Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to...