Windows 10: Password on Wake Up not working

Discus and support Password on Wake Up not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; No matter what settings I try my computer still does not require a password on wake up from sleep. I have changed the wake up option from Never to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnNebauer, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Password on Wake Up not working

No matter what settings I try my computer still does not require a password on wake up from sleep.

I have changed the wake up option from Never to Require password on wake up and it still never askes for a password.

I've tried different time out settings on screen and sleep but the computer is still accessable without a password no matter which options I try.

:)

JohnNebauer, Feb 26, 2021

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

Hi Maaz,

One of the possible reasons why you cannot enable password on wake up is because of
    issues with the Power settings. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter to help you find and
    repair Power setting problems. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Right click the Start button and select
      Settings
    • Click on Troubleshoot on the left pane.
    • Select Power and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Maniac_2k Win User
    Password on wake up

Hi,

I have the same problem. The suggestion above does not work on my Surface Pro 3. Login screen shows up every time when waking up the computer.

In addition, I did two things:

(1) checked that the main power saving plan does have the "require password on startup" option turned off.

(2) Set Windows 10 to lock the screen after 15 minutes of inactivity

No luck. Password prompt keeps coming on wakeup regardless of those settings. This is an unfixed bug in Windows 10, right?

Regards,

Robert

Maniac_2k, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Password on Wake Up not working

Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Password on Wake Up not working

1. Password on Wake Up not working - Similar Threads - Password Wake working

2. Password After PC Wakes UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password After PC Wakes UP: I have the latest versions of Windows 10 as of March 21, 2021. When my PC now wakes up it does not need a password to unlock it. How do I get that feature back? I had just followed some help on this page but it did not help as I could not find the areas mentioned to set...
  3. Setting up a password for waking up my desktop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up a password for waking up my desktop?: New Windows 10 set up but can't find method to create password to use when waking up desktop. How do I set up a password when waking up my desktop?...
  4. Require password at wake up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Require password at wake up.: I have Windows 10 latest update on a new Lenovo laptop. I want it to require a password when I wake it up. I have it set to sleep after 10 minutes, which it does OK. Under "sign-in options", "require-sign in", I have chosen "when PC wakes up from sleep". But, when I wake it...
  5. require password when monitor wakes up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    require password when monitor wakes up: require password when monitor wakes up display is only hibernated not computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-password-when-monitor-wakes-up/7cfcd0d1-253f-4dbe-a8b8-289d282d1b34
  6. Wake up on LAN not working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake up on LAN not working!: Hello. I have my desktop PC at my work office. This is great, but when I am at home, I only have a Chromebook and an Android tablet. I would love to get Steam Link or Chrome Remote Desktop to work, and possibly do some gaming at home. I've gotten it to work great, the...
  7. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  8. sleep wake up with no password

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep wake up with no password: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  9. Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up: Dell XPS 8700 desktop, came with 8.1 Home, upgraded to 10 Home, then fresh installed 10 Home. Settings through the Settings menu and through Control Panel both set to ask for password when waking up, but it doesn't. It does on boot, but not on wakeup. Latest bios, A11,...
  10. Wake Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake Up: How do I wake up Windows 10 if it goes into Hibernate or sleep after a period of in activity*Zip 41209

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep wake password not working