Windows 10: password or not password??

Discus and support password or not password?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello community I'm debating with a friend about the necessity to have a log password on PC desktop computer I say " you don't need a log account if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Win10_2019, May 18, 2019.

1. password or not password??

hello community

I'm debating with a friend about the necessity to have a log password on PC desktop computer

I say " you don't need a log account if you're the only one to use the machine"

he say" you need always a log password in any circumstance to protect your machine "

so who is right ?

:)

Win10_2019, May 18, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, May 18, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 18, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

password or not password??

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 18, 2019
Thema:

password or not password??

1. password or not password?? - Similar Threads - password password

2. The password you entered for your device is incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The password you entered for your device is incorrect: My hard drive failed and had to get a new one with a fresh install of Windows 10. When I try logging into my Microsoft account it has me enter the user ID then password then asks for my current password again... Every time it gives me the error "The password you entered for...
  3. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work: Hi, I enabled safe mode with msconfig but it wouldn't accept my password no matter what I try, so now I'm trying to boot normally (ie disable safe mode). However, there is no option to do so. I don't know anything about using disks or USBs to boot, but no matter what I...
  4. Password Protect External HD from all admin also

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protect External HD from all admin also: I did the entire BitLocker and Encryption using a password last night, but this system is Admin sign in since I am "normally" the only one using it except my adult daughter on occasion. She uses the net and what is on the internal drives. I set my external for only business,...
  5. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...] This post...
  6. Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN

Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN: Split from this thread. I have. A Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10. The other day threre was a update. It installed it. Then backed out for some reason?? Now i can no longer log in by password not the 4 digit pin no dots. Help...
  7. reset or remove Windows 10 administrator user password

reset or remove Windows 10 administrator user password: I forgot the administrator user password and got locked out of my laptop. I don't have a pre-created password reset disk. I tried accessing the advanced boot options by pressing Shift+Restart but nothing happened. How can I reset or remove the password without risking my...
  8. Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager: When viewing passwords in credential manager I usually type in my PIN number when prompted but now it wont take it and keeps asking for userid and password. I have tried several ids but it doesnt work. I prefer to use my PIN. I have no problems logging in to windows using my...
  9. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  10. Login Type - Identify Password logins

Login Type - Identify Password logins: Does anyone know of a way to differentiate login type? In other words: Am I able to identify when users login using a standard password, versus when they login via our multi-factor authentication? We use a MFA device with Windows 10 (1903), and it works out of the box...