Windows 10: password/pin at startup

Discus and support password/pin at startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a new hard drive installed in my Windows 10 laptop... now it doesn't ask for the password at startup... I would like that feature back... thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dre50, Sep 18, 2021.

1. dre50 Win User

password/pin at startup

I had a new hard drive installed in my Windows 10 laptop... now it doesn't ask for the password at startup... I would like that feature back... thanks

:)

dre50, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Sep 18, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

password/pin at startup [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Sep 18, 2021
  4. password/pin at startup

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

password/pin at startup

1. password/pin at startup - Similar Threads - password pin startup

2. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  3. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  4. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup: I selected Don't Require a Pin or password at startup. Not working. Looked at your forum instructions listed below But I don't find a Remove button option. Running Windows 10.1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.If you are using a Microsoft Account to...
  6. Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup: I selected Don't Require a Pin or password at startup. Not working. Looked at your forum instructions listed below But I don't find a Remove button option. Running Windows 10.1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.If you are using a Microsoft Account to...
  7. Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup: Using a Shift-Restart I can get into the recovery menus and even login to the command prompt using the same password that doesn't work at GUI boot. Is there a way from the command prompt to set it to what msconfig calls a normal boot? Thanks! 179157
  9. windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?: I used NetPlWiz to uncheck 'password required' and applied it entering my password, but now it still asks for pin/password and in addition shows a second account (with a white background instead of my account pic) but it has the same name, when I select it, it asks me to put...
  10. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...