Windows 10: Password policies and microsoft accounts.

Discus and support Password policies and microsoft accounts. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Just wondering why does the password policies not work on Microsoft accounts in windows 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kiwiprobie1, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Password policies and microsoft accounts.

Hey everyone,

Just wondering why does the password policies not work on Microsoft accounts in windows 10?

:)

Kiwiprobie1, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Payvandpg Win User

Password Policy on Microsoft account

Hey,

How we could setup the password policy on Microsoft account?

I know how to setup the password policy on local account or domain account but no idea about Microsoft account.

Thanks.

Payvandpg, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 26, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

Password policies and microsoft accounts.

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Password policies and microsoft accounts.

1. Password policies and microsoft accounts. - Similar Threads - Password policies microsoft

2. What is Microsoft's password policy for Windows servers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Microsoft's password policy for Windows servers?: What is Microsoft's password policy for Windows servers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsofts-password-policy-for-windows/b7494eb4-a89c-4181-b58b-a2946beb6191
  3. What is Microsoft's password policy for Windows servers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Microsoft's password policy for Windows servers?: What is Microsoft's password policy for Windows servers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsofts-password-policy-for-windows/b7494eb4-a89c-4181-b58b-a2946beb6191
  4. Password age policies

Password age policies: Hello,I have configured and assigned password age policy 90 days but password age effected default policy 42 days.I checked my computer password age policies if it is 42 days or 90 days. It was 90 days.Where else do I need to check?...
  5. Password age policies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password age policies: Hello,I have configured and assigned password age policy 90 days but password age effected default policy 42 days.I checked my computer password age policies if it is 42 days or 90 days. It was 90 days.Where else do I need to check?...
  6. Password policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  7. Password policy

Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  8. Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy: Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy local password policy.. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy > I can get inside password policy folder, but cannot change below...
  9. New Microsoft account activity policy

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft account activity policy: Published: July 01, 2019 Effective: August 30, 2019 This Microsoft account activity policy describes when Microsoft may close your account due to account inactivity. You may choose to close your Microsoft account at any time on the Microsoft account management website and...
  10. Microsoft's policy for lost and forgotten passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft's policy for lost and forgotten passwords: Article applies to: Microsoft Account, Office, Windows, Xbox, Microsoft Family Safety Article approved by Community Engagement team Introduction Microsoft takes security seriously. It is for your protection. This article outlines Microsoft's policy for lost and...