Windows 10: Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb

Discus and support Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb installer. How can I install the windows usb if the computer bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jdelaney77, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb

Hi,

Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb installer. How can I install the windows usb if the computer bios is not set to be 1st during boot?

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jdelaney77, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Prompt to format an already-formatted removable hard drive

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition. I "safely remove"d a hard disk connected via a USB hard drive enclosure. Then I rebooted and re-inserted the hard disk. Windows fails to recognize that the drive is already formatted (it shows up as an unnamed USB
    drive in Explorer) and, instead, pops up a window asking if I want to format the disk. Fortunately, I had the sense to reboot with the hard disk inserted and the drive came back as normal.

Can someone explain to me why this risk-prone behavior (from the user's standpoint) is really necessary, or how this "gotcha" is actually a feature?

Haytham Matthews, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb

Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. Help please.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; have you tried formation the USB hard drive by
    right clicking on the hard drive and select Format?

If you are unable to format the USB through above mentioned steps, then I suggest you to try formation the hard drive using diskpart command and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows key + r, type cmd and hit
    Enter

2) Type diskpart, hit Enter.

3) Type List volume. (List of available drives will get listed).

4) Select Volume (#), #- number of the volume, which assigned to hard drive.

5) Type Format recommended. (It will start formatting your hard drive)

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb

1. Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb - Similar Threads - Password problem removed

2. Password and Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password and Hard drive: Hi, I’m trying to get into the windows recovery environment, command prompt. I forgot my password and I don’t know how to reset this and it didn’t make it clear how to reset it , please let me know thanks. I have attached the image below. Also I have another problem, my hard...
  3. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  4. Problems formatting my hard drive . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems formatting my hard drive . . .: Problems formatting my hard drive . . .My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.Do to some problems, I had to reformat my hard drive.I have a USB drive, with installation media.So I clicked on startup, to get it going.Then it said, this won't take long.Then it...
  5. Formating a hard drive.

Formating a hard drive.: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  6. Formating Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formating Hard Drives: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  7. Format hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format hard drive: I cannot do updates because I am out of disk space but I cannot figure out how to free up disk space. I've deleted all unneeded program files and want to just reformat the hard drive. The option to reformat is grayed out, however. Sometimes the laptop will give me a gray...
  8. formatting a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    formatting a hard drive: does anyone know how to format a hard drive to load and run windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-drive/398827f9-3683-4e2c-a621-a32071e1d680
  9. Problem formatting hard drive in Windows 10

Problem formatting hard drive in Windows 10: I installed another hard drive. I went into Disk Management to format it. Disk Management asked me if I wanted to format it to GPT or MBR. I wasn't sure so I closed the box, opened a new tab and looked up to see what I should do. I found that I should format it as GPT....
  10. Formatting Hard drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting Hard drive in Windows 10: If I want to make a bootable hard drive for Windows 10 in the NTFS file system with no partitions do I have to do it in the GPT format?...