Windows 10: Password problems after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Password problems after reinstalling Windows in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just performed a fresh install of Windows from a USB drive. I did this to try to fix some recurrent problems that may have had to do with a corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NealKearney, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Password problems after reinstalling Windows

I just performed a fresh install of Windows from a USB drive. I did this to try to fix some recurrent problems that may have had to do with a corrupted HDD. Looks like the install went OK. My home screen comes up and I'm prompted for my password, but the password is not recognized. Do I have to create a new password?

:)

NealKearney, Aug 26, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 26, 2021
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Aug 26, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Password problems after reinstalling Windows

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Password problems after reinstalling Windows

1. Password problems after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Password problems reinstalling

2. Problems after reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  3. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  4. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  5. Password problem after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problem after windows update: Please I need assistance on how to recover my admin password or reset my password. Due to the fact that I can't log into my computer after my windows update....
  6. Many problems after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many problems after reinstallation: So i reinstalled Win10 few days ago cause of irrelevant things. I chose the option that keeps my personal files and stuff. Now something obviously went wrong and my programmes lost their icon, in controll panel my programmes won't show up on the list, even if their data is on...
  7. Download Problems after reinstalling Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Download Problems after reinstalling Windows: Hardware/Software: FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 860 (Latest driver) Windows 10 Pro 1909 Problem: So the problem im facing is that when i try to downloads something it randomly stops downloading (the problem didn't occurred with Steam for some odd reason). I never had this...
  8. Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office: Following a serious computer breakdown, I have had to do a complete re-installation of Windows 10 and all my software, including Office 2016. Everything has been relatively simple so far, but I'm now having problems setting up Outlook again. I use it to manage my gmail...
  9. Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall: Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error: [ATTACH] Clicking on "Check for updates" gives me nothing. I have tried DISM and SFC as mentioned here but both said that there were no issues. I have also downloaded...
  10. Internet Problems after Reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problems after Reinstall: Hi guys, I have a dual boot setup with Windows 10 and Windows 7. Recently, I was having trouble with Windows 10 and I went ahead and reinstalled it. Now I have a problem with my internet connection every time I boot Windows 10 after using Windows 7. I've googled around...