Windows 10: Password problems with Onedrive, Outlook and others after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Password problems with Onedrive, Outlook and others after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer worked fine under Windows 10 until after the most recent update a week ago. Since then when I restart the PC, it does no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by effemeer, Aug 12, 2020.

1. effemeer Win User

Password problems with Onedrive, Outlook and others after Windows 10 update

My computer worked fine under Windows 10 until after the most recent update a week ago.

Since then when I restart the PC, it does no longer automatically connect to Onedrive. I have to manually enter the password.

Starting Outlook I'm often prompted for the password concerning pop3. I'm also using Adobe Acrobat in connection with Outlook ... same problem, regularly asking for the password. Occasionally also with Excel.

I've tried a lot of things: reconfirmed my Microsoft account, renewed my Acrobat password, checked credentials, to no avail.

Suggestions?

:)

effemeer, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. Password problems with Onedrive, Outlook and others after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Password problems Onedrive

2. Password problem after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problem after windows update: Please I need assistance on how to recover my admin password or reset my password. Due to the fact that I can't log into my computer after my windows update....
  3. After Win10 October Update - passwords on Outlook 2016, Adobe, OneDrive are lost all the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Win10 October Update - passwords on Outlook 2016, Adobe, OneDrive are lost all the...: Background: I was on this issue for over a week,. At first I thought it may be a virus or some sort of hack unfortunately even formatted my machine twice. There are plenty similar threads about the issue, so I opened this thread to help who address the same situation....
  4. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Why is it with EVERY update Microsoft can't seem to get it right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-saving-passwords-after-windows-10/458af9fe-82d5-4fb4-ab32-bb5bcff3c1a1
  5. Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords

Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords: My laptop did a window 10 update i believe its the latest feature update about 2 weeks ago. This update causes when I open Outlook it asked for all my email passwords, a continuous loop, it also prompts me for my Onedrive password and removed all my saved passwords for...
  6. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  7. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Since Windows 10 update 2004 loaded onto my PC, outlook 2010 will not store passwords for POP and Imap email accounts. I have to re-enter after every reboot. The password is cleared from the account settings user info page. On starting outlook it prompts for each password....
  8. Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office: Following a serious computer breakdown, I have had to do a complete re-installation of Windows 10 and all my software, including Office 2016. Everything has been relatively simple so far, but I'm now having problems setting up Outlook again. I use it to manage my gmail...
  9. Outlook 2007 password problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 password problem: My Outlook 2007 regularly, but not always, asks me for the password even whilst it downloads or sends emails. I either cancel the pop up or accept and sometimes the pop up box goes away and at other times it stays. It does not seem to affect the send and receive but its a...
  10. Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update: Hi There, After Windows 10 aniversary update we are having problems on some computers where users are not able to drag 'n drop items (emails) to folders. If you click and move your mouse slowly sometimes it works, otherwise it doesn't. Looking at firts it seems a mouse...