Windows 10: Password prompt for User account control pop up

Discus and support Password prompt for User account control pop up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mello92YY, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Mello92YY Win User

Password prompt for User account control pop up

Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control popup?

:)

Mello92YY, Jan 31, 2020

2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jan 31, 2020
  3. User Account Control prompt - Normal user - Windows 10 Home

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if this helps.

• Open the Local Security Policy editor. Follow these steps:
    1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel.

2. Select/search Administrative Tools.

3. Now double click on Local Security Policy.

• In the left pane, expand Local Policies, and click/tap on
      Security Options.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In your case you have to select Automatically deny elevation requests.
    NOTE: The default setting is
    Prompt for credentials.

• Close the Local Security Policy editor.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 31, 2020
  4. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Password prompt for User account control pop up - Similar Threads - Password prompt User

2. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Password: So, my father recently passed away and I was never told the password that he used to allow downloads. Every time I wanted to download something, I had to ask him for the password because a pop-up would appear from User Account Control. I have tried many things to try and...
  3. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control Password: So, my father recently passed away and I was never told the password that he used to allow downloads. Every time I wanted to download something, I had to ask him for the password because a pop-up would appear from User Account Control. I have tried many things to try and...
  4. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  5. Pop-up User Account Control

Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  6. Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User: Hi,I am trying to open Genshin Impact to a Non-Admin user in my computer. I am the Administrator, but I want the application Genshin Impact to be run in another user that I have added in my PC even without me typing the password every time someone opens the application...
  7. Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User

Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User: Hi,I am trying to open Genshin Impact to a Non-Admin user in my computer. I am the Administrator, but I want the application Genshin Impact to be run in another user that I have added in my PC even without me typing the password every time someone opens the application...
  8. Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  10. User Account Controls - pop up screen removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Controls - pop up screen removal: Running Windows 10 v.1809 Can anyone advise me please – I’ve spent the last three hours trying to solve my problem, looked at umpteen tutorials but still getting nowhere. Basically I am trying to remove the UAC pop up screen that appears EVERY time I try do run ANYTHING on...