Windows 10: password- protect a document. Suggestion to show the password as we key it in. Win10

Discus and support password- protect a document. Suggestion to show the password as we key it in. Win10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; To password-protect a document, we have to key in the password. But we cannot see what we are entering. Can this be improved by showing the usual... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

password- protect a document. Suggestion to show the password as we key it in. Win10

To password-protect a document, we have to key in the password. But we cannot see what we are entering.

Can this be improved by showing the usual 'eye' (to view the input) when the program is next upgraded?

:)

Taffy087, Nov 5, 2018

2. Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Is there a code on the screen?

LovesFLSun, Nov 5, 2018
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Nov 5, 2018
  4. password- protect a document. Suggestion to show the password as we key it in. Win10

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

password- protect a document. Suggestion to show the password as we key it in. Win10

1. password- protect a document. Suggestion to show the password as we key it in. Win10 - Similar Threads - password protect document

2. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  3. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  4. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can we protect password in notepad file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we protect password in notepad file?: Can we protect notepad file with password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-protect-password-in-notepad-file/7a207b11-7b51-4289-bdf0-9754fe43590d
  6. Can we protect password in notepad file?

Can we protect password in notepad file?: Can we protect notepad file with password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-protect-password-in-notepad-file/7a207b11-7b51-4289-bdf0-9754fe43590d
  7. password protection of documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password protection of documents: How do I password protect a pdf using windows 11?I have tried this: If you are looking to password protect a file or folder on Windows 11, here's what you need to do:1. Right-click on a file or folder you want password protected2. Click on Properties3. Click on Advanced…4....
  8. password protection of documents

password protection of documents: How do I password protect a pdf using windows 11?I have tried this: If you are looking to password protect a file or folder on Windows 11, here's what you need to do:1. Right-click on a file or folder you want password protected2. Click on Properties3. Click on Advanced…4....
  9. Opening password protected documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening password protected documents: So I just had my Windows 10 installed (I previously had Windows 7) and I had some word documents that I saved on my external hard disk that were password protected and I even uploaded them on my drive. And as you can imagine, I cannot open them right now neither from my hard...
  10. PDF document password protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PDF document password protection: My wife doesn't know what she did, so what did happend; on screen appeared few times something about some pdf documents protection. So she just pressed YES but didn't set a password ( that's what she claims ). Now when I try to access those documents it needs a password. I...