Windows 10: Password Protect External HD from all admin also

Discus and support Password Protect External HD from all admin also in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did the entire BitLocker and Encryption using a password last night, but this system is Admin sign in since I am "normally" the only one using it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonaldCaple, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Password Protect External HD from all admin also

I did the entire BitLocker and Encryption using a password last night, but this system is Admin sign in since I am "normally" the only one using it except my adult daughter on occasion. She uses the net and what is on the internal drives. I set my external for only business, but since I am admin there is no real password protection on this system. I have a ton of folders, and add new a lot. Is there any way to password protect that one drive from all users, even admin? I am highly aware of hackers as well, so this worries me a lot.

Fingers crossed...and thank you.

:)

RonaldCaple, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 25, 2019
  3. bumps68 Win User
    how to move data on pc hd to external hd and back to repair lost admin password in windows 10

how to move data on pc hd to external hd and back to repair lost admin password in windows 10? tech said this had to be done because I have lost my admin password which I must have to do almost anything on my computer. is that correct or is there an easier
    way?

bumps68, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Password Protect External HD from all admin also

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Thema:

Password Protect External HD from all admin also

1. Password Protect External HD from all admin also - Similar Threads - Password Protect External

2. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  3. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  4. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BITLOCKER EXTERNAL HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITLOCKER EXTERNAL HD: just spent $1000 restoring an old E-HD that turns out to actually be locked by bitlocker I have no memory of setting this god aweful program up on an old computer 10 years ago. Now there's no way to access this drive even after rescuing the data - there is no Password or...
  6. External HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  7. cannot delete folder on external HD, even as admin

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete folder on external HD, even as admin: I am trying to delete this empty folder: [img] It said I needed admin privilege, so I clicked continue, then I got this error. Then, I ran Windows Explorer in admin mode and tried to delete it again and got this: [img] How do I delete this folder? 160501
  8. Saved passwords from external HD

in Browsers and Email
    Saved passwords from external HD: Older PC crashed. Able to see data by using HDD hooked up externally. Can see all the data. Customer is senior cit. with Hotmail and forgot password. Went through all the usual with no luck. Got to sending Microsoft request with name, emails, subject, etc. MS sent back letter...
  9. Saved passwords from external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Saved passwords from external HD: Older PC crashed. Able to see data by using HDD hooked up externally. Can see all the data. Customer is senior cit. with Hotmail and forgot password. Went through all the usual with no luck. Got to sending Microsoft request with name, emails, subject, etc. MS sent back letter...
  10. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269